1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Hero newbie needs help with MMS on o2

1. carriee2652

carriee2652 Active Member

Hello all. just received my beautiful, wonderful, lovely HTC hero for christmas and i'm having a small problem.

I am on o2 PAYG and my hero is locked to Orange UK, so i invested in a REBELSIMII (as i am too scared to try rooting my phone). I am unable to receive or send MMS. I have followed these

O2 Forum :: View topic - No 3G support for HTC HERO??!!!

instructions and still no joy. I know some people are able to see small thumbnail but mine just keeps saying "download of message was unsuccessful. Please any help, hints or tips are hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Carrie :confused:

REBELSIMII (arrived in 24 hours)

REBEL CUT TURBO SIM CARD FOR HTC HERO UNLOCKING on eBay (end time 13-Jan-10 22:04:18 GMT)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Gertrude

Gertrude Member

Did you try sending the word active to 2020?
    G
  3. carriee2652

I have already spoken to o2 and they have said that they do not support the hero so i don't think it will work but will give it a blast anyway. thanks
  4. carriee2652

Got a message back saying there was a problem and i need to phone o2 customer service. Oh well, it was worth a try. thanks anyway
  5. Gertrude

Gertrude Member

Got a few difference in my settings to those in that post you list.

mms - I have no proxy, just not set for proxy and the port field after it. Server is not set on my phone. mms protocol is 2.0

mobile web apn - username is O2web

Worth a go. These are all settings that the network or my sim gave to my vanilla sim free hero. I configured nothing!

let us know the outcome.
    G
  6. carriee2652

Hiya! gave that a try and still not getting anything. Resigned myself to the fact that i have a great phone that can't do picture messaging unless i change networks.

thanks anyway

Carrie