• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero newbie needs help with MMS on o2

Hello all. just received my beautiful, wonderful, lovely HTC hero for christmas and i'm having a small problem.

I am on o2 PAYG and my hero is locked to Orange UK, so i invested in a REBELSIMII (as i am too scared to try rooting my phone). I am unable to receive or send MMS. I have followed these

O2 Forum :: View topic - No 3G support for HTC HERO??!!!

instructions and still no joy. I know some people are able to see small thumbnail but mine just keeps saying "download of message was unsuccessful. Please any help, hints or tips are hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Carrie :thinking:

REBELSIMII (arrived in 24 hours)

REBEL CUT TURBO SIM CARD FOR HTC HERO UNLOCKING on eBay (end time 13-Jan-10 22:04:18 GMT)

Got a few difference in my settings to those in that post you list.

mms - I have no proxy, just not set for proxy and the port field after it. Server is not set on my phone. mms protocol is 2.0

mobile web apn - username is O2web

Worth a go. These are all settings that the network or my sim gave to my vanilla sim free hero. I configured nothing!

let us know the outcome.
G

Upvote 0
Got a few difference in my settings to those in that post you list.

mms - I have no proxy, just not set for proxy and the port field after it. Server is not set on my phone. mms protocol is 2.0

mobile web apn - username is O2web

Worth a go. These are all settings that the network or my sim gave to my vanilla sim free hero. I configured nothing!

let us know the outcome.
G

Hiya! gave that a try and still not getting anything. Resigned myself to the fact that i have a great phone that can't do picture messaging unless i change networks.

thanks anyway

Carrie

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones