Hero Notification light help?

Last Updated:

1. darkmast3r

darkmast3r Member This Topic's Starter

I've just had my hero on orange & just having a flick through the manual & it says that the charging led at the top flashes green as a notification (of sms, email, i presume). The only thing that flashes on mine is the trackball.

Also does anyone else have problems with the notification tone not always sounding when recieving an sms, email, ect, just getting the flashing trackball?

Advertisement
  2. Antiman

Antiman Member

hi there,what i have noticed is that the liight at the top of the phone seems to flash if i am recieving e-mail with the android app in use but not if I am using the hero e-mail widget,also there seems to be a slight lag between the light flashing and the alert sound

3. darkmast3r

darkmast3r Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Antiman, didn't know if it was a fault or not, seems like just characteristics of the phone I guess. Maybe it might be fixed with the next android update.

4. ziggy

ziggy Well-Known Member

im finding it abit hit and miss too.
    i definately dont get any notification lights at the top when get email/text.
    i get trackball light if text but only sometimes when email

5. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

I got the Missed Reminder app, which does make use of the top led, but I notice that most of the options (colour and speed of flashing) are not available on the hero, which just does green flashes at a fixed rate. Great app though.

J

6. scar4ace

scar4ace New Member

Hi guys

Just got my htc hero today :)

about notification light does anyone know if it can be set to coninously flash every second or two..i would love something like that

oh and my registration confirmation for this forum jus got to the phone (gmail widget has been set up) and thr was a little sound and the notification light is flashing continously since then...looks so cool.....but the trackball isn't flashing at the moment - however earlier when I missed calls/recvd txt msgs the track ball was flashing.

im assuming that if i set up the htc email app then that would also cause trackball to flash.

cheers

7. Abaddon

Abaddon Member

I've got the same issue here on my Hero I bought last week, which I'm swapping over at Phones4U today. Beginning to think its actually a full on design fault the amount of times I've seen it mentioned.

8. Flindy13

Flindy13 New Member

Hi guys,

I've recently upgraded to a HTC Hero and after a few weeks it was refusing to charge my battery, i have tried to plug it into the computer and charge it that way but to no prevail. When it goes on charge i get a flashing orange and flashing green light.

I've notice this is not in the manual, so can anyone solve my problem?

Thanks, Greg!