HERO on 2.1 not syncing Facebook contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. cdj42086

cdj42086 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just updated my HTC Hero to 2.1 and now none of the "friends" from Facebook are appearing when I try to link them in "People" app. It shows no friends in the directory even though status updates are coming through just fine in the Facebook app and widget. Not sure if anyone has a solution for this, I've seen bits and pieces here and there but no solid solution.

Advertisement
  2. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

you probably don't have any friends on facebook to sync :D

try my method here

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-sprint-hero/83219-facebook-sync-solution.html

3. toasty

toasty Well-Known Member

Settings > Accounts & Sync > make sure that "Facebook for HTC Sync" is checked. Then restart your phone and give it 15 minutes or so.

Had the same problem, and this solved the problem for me. Good luck...

4. androidtp

were you having problems before? your method seems a bit too easy

5. toasty

toasty Well-Known Member

Yes, and I don't disagree, it was an easy fix. Someone passed this tip along from another similar thread right around the time of the 2.1 launch. You may want to check back for it if this doesn't fix it, as there was more detail about it in there, but I think this accurately sets forth the process.

6. androidtp

remember what thread that was?

7. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

You prolly don't want them to sync anyway because it will synce every single user on your account to your phone. If you need to make a call, then you can always go to settings and select what Facebook users you wanna see on your phone book, but when you need to send a text message, it will show everyone on facebook and that's quite annoying. Another thing is that if you need to back up your contacts using whatever program, it will backup everyone on facebook as well, unless you log out of HTC Sense's facebook. You might wanna use a third party facebook sync app if you're just looking to get the pictures for your contacts...

8. androidtp

yea..that's what i been thinking lately..i downloaded syncmypix from the market and it works pretty well. have yet to use facebook sync. it's been so long since they've all synced so i might continue going that route (3rd party apps).

9. cdj42086

cdj42086 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help, nothing has worked thus far so it looks like 3rd party apps may be the way to go. Just kinda frustrating cause everything "just works" on my EVO. Don't understand what the problem is here.

10. Adrian4408

Adrian4408 Active Member

I have a similar problem. After installing update 2.1 it only snycs contacts from A-R so anybody whos name starts with S,T,U,V,W,X,Y or Z doesn't show up. Any help?