• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hero on 3 UK

Starfall

Lurker
May 17, 2010
Okay so, there is one outcome I want and that is to be running 2.2 on my Hero.

I'm on 3 UK network and it seems pretty hard to root and flash my rom seeing as its a 3 specific rom.

I heard that European Hero owners will be getting an update to Android 2 (some say 2.1 other say 2.2) anybody know any news about this?

Or does anybody have any advice on how I can reach 2.2 or 2.1?

(P.S the 'root in one click' method doesn't work)

Starfall

Ah that's a shame, but fair enough, It'd just be nice to get to 2.0 at least, it's a bit off topic, but what's considered the 'best' ui replacement now? (btter home, home++ etc) it's one of the main reasons i want to get to 2.0

Thanks for the reply, I don't suppose you know of any guides to make a gold card? as the guide i was following had a certain step with a link, but it appears the site that was linked is no longer providing the utility needed to create a gold card, thanks once again :)

Upvote 0
Would that me qmat by any chance? The people who make that software have released a new version of the software with a different name, which will reverse the code for you.

Phone System Analysis Software - PSAS | The successor of QMAT The free version is the one you want :)

Oh and a lot of people like LauncherPro. It's not really a fully featured hope replacement like better home, it doesn't bring any new features, but it's a pretty nice launcher.

Reactions: Starfall
Upvote 0
I think you can make it by mounting it in the phone, although I didn't have any luck doing it that way and ended up using an adapter.

This website can reverse the string too if you don't want to bother installing software: Soaa.me - (write down, copy, paste, and then) One-click hex reverse for GoldCard creation

You'll also need a hex editor to copy the code from your goldcard.img to the SD card too.

This page links you to all the different software, if you need it. How To: Downgrade Your HTC Hero So It Can Be Rooted (Updated 02.05.10) | The Unlockr

Reactions: Starfall
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones