• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero on O2 - MMS

Sorry to bump such an old topic, but I've got an interesting development.

I've been pestering O2 for a while now (mainly via Twitter) to sort out the issue with tiny MMS messages. Then last week they finally bit and said they'd look into it. Yesterday they told me that they were actually working on it and a fix should be in place in the next few days.

I thought I'd take that with baited breath, but last night a mate sent me an MMS and it was full size! I've just asked someone to send me another one now and that's full size too. Looks like it's finally sorted!

Upvote 0
Sorry to bump such an old topic, but I've got an interesting development.

I've been pestering O2 for a while now (mainly via Twitter) to sort out the issue with tiny MMS messages. Then last week they finally bit and said they'd look into it. Yesterday they told me that they were actually working on it and a fix should be in place in the next few days.

I thought I'd take that with baited breath, but last night a mate sent me an MMS and it was full size! I've just asked someone to send me another one now and that's full size too. Looks like it's finally sorted!

can you confirm the setting you used ??? thanks

Upvote 0
can you confirm the setting you used ??? thanks

I used the settings on this thread. Unfortunately when HTC updated the phone to 2.1 it seemed to break the fix that O2 had put in place.

I've rooted my phone and installed FroydVillain now and that lets me set a custom user-agent value for the phone, so currently O2's network think it's an iPhone and send full-size MMS messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones