hero on orange uk

Last Updated: 2010-01-25 08:07:51
  1. gaanrowl

gaanrowl Active Member

hi just about to order on orange just would like to know what branding etc they have done to it is it easy to delete or bypass, where would i get the updates from?

has any one used buymobilephones.net

cheers.

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

On the handset it has a very small orange logo on the back cover.
    As for the phone software to be honest i don't know as it does not bother me.

Updates come from HTC UK.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Apart from the logo mentioned by Andy, there's a brief Orange "swish" logo as part of the boot-up sequence and a few Orangeworld bookmarks. That's it.
  4. hero_101

hero_101 Well-Known Member

Oh and you cannot unlock it easily, just do a search for the threads :)
  5. gaanrowl

gaanrowl Active Member

thanks for the replys guys, phone is now ordered.
    please expect more simple recently and overly asked questions, hope you dont mind.
  6. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

I got mine on Orange from buymobilephones.net because they offered the cheapest deal on orange with unlimited internet. It was all fine, but make sure you cancel the insurance asap if you don't need it.
  7. mickinerimi

mickinerimi New Member

Hi all,
    I have recently bought a Hero on Orange off eBay and I got my local Computer/phone shop to send it to HTC in Nicosia as he and I were confident that they could unlock and install the latest software. Alas that was not the case, having had it for a week it came back saying that as it was locked to Orange, it could not be unlocked. I did this after trying to buy an unlock code off the internet and being warned by the company that although the codes supplied were correct, the ROM had a 'bug' and I had to install another ROM?
    I am very unsure about how to proceed, could anyone help me please?
    Many thanks
    Mick
  8. gaanrowl

gaanrowl Active Member

good to know, i unchecked the 3 month free insurace at the order screen thanks for the heads up tho.

im well happy with dolphin 35 for
  9. premiump

premiump Well-Known Member