hero or magic

Last Updated:

1. mark1

mark1 Member This Topic's Starter

hi.looking for a new phone and like the look of them both but not sure what to choose.idealy ide like a phone that can srteam football from the net but not sure if the hero is realy up to it??? ime with vodafone and can get the magic without changing my number.to get the hero i need to change networks.also will the magic get the flash player in a update??
    cheers mark.

Advertisement
  2. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

The Hero and the Magic are as powerful as each other, and you can change network while taking your phone number with you, I can't remember the procedure now but I moved from Vodafone to 3 and retained my number for example. Phone the network you are thinking of changing to and ask them about retaining your number, they'll tell you what to do.

Streaming TV from the net isn't likely to work well over 3G as it's not really fast enough, should be fine over wireless but you'd best make sure there are apps available to do that for you before you buy!

3. sundials

sundials Member

Hero FTW!;)

4. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

yes, the magic will get flash support eventually. probably sooner than later though, I've heard.

5. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

To keep your number you need to phone your provider and tell them you are ending the contract and ask for a PAK code. This needs to be given to your new provider within 30 days (usually) to port your number across. You will usually have a temporary number for a few days while this is happening.