Hero or Villian...?

Last Updated:

1. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought a brand new Hero and I am impatiently for the USPS to deliver it to my front door.

I decided to check out the forums to prep myself for the unboxing. :D After seeing loads and loads of complaining about this phone on this forum, I am considering not even opening and reselling on eBay. :confused:

I have to say I am pretty happy with my HTC Touch Pro especially with the newly released HTC/Sprint official ROM. Is this phone really that bad?

I guess my biggest concern is that I have to upgrade my plan and I know there is no going back...

Advertisement
  2. Sabre66

Sabre66 Well-Known Member

I would give it a couple weeks of use before sending it back or selling it. So far mine has been great and any minor annoyances have been easy to fix.

Any new device will have its share of growing pains. If you aren't willing to deal with an occasional bug, then I wouldn't buy a first gen device. All in all I'm very happy with my Hero.

3. Nanan

Nanan Active Member

The Hero is a good phone with a few bugs that can be mostly fixed via changes in settings or by using alternative apps found on the market.

4. Turk 182

Turk 182 Active Member

It's a great phone, you will enjoy it. 2.0 isn't far away so what little issues that arise will more than likely get taken care of. I'm really digging mine.

5. lkj61

lkj61 Member

I started out on Sprint with a Diamond then went to a TP then a Blackberry and then a TP2. Got my Hero and couldn't be happier. As previous posters have stated, any new phone is apt to have some kind of issues than can be worked out. Give it a solid try before you make up your own mind about keeping it or not.

6. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

i really like mine...by far the nicest phone i have ever owned. I'd much rather have it than an iphone. If you want it to be trouble free, when you unbox it, go to the market and download handcent sms....disable notifications on the native messenger and dont ever use it. dont download task killer. becareful what you down load. i'd stay away from battery widgets...they drain the battery.

7. shadrap

shadrap Well-Known Member

LYZguy is correct.

Also remember most people are happy with the phone. The whiners are the most verbal and noticeable on the forums.

8. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

Due to the fact that a happy person is less likely to voice their satisfaction about a product. Unhappy people want things to be fixed. If nothing needs to be fixed, there isnt much to say other than how happy you are with it.

9. MrBazar

MrBazar Member

Very true, most people wont leave positive feedback unless it is required to keep themselves in good standing (eBay for example). The people who are happy with it are just having too much fun playing with all the nifty little settings and apps lol. I personally love it, while it has a few quirks, they still make this a great phone in the end.

10. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

Here is a post to tick off the complainers. Most of the issues being reported can be attributed to people who have no idea how to work the phone. I can say this because I have no idea how to work this phone. LOL
    Yes there are some legit problems. I personally have not seen any of these more debilitating issues. In fact the issues I do have are caused by me not knowing what I am doing. :)