Hero randomly crashesSupport

Last Updated:

1. tuahogary

tuahogary Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there, over the past week I've noticed 3 instances where my HTC Hero just spontaneously switches off.. Screen black, buttons not lighted up. First time, I was editing the Calendar, second time I was viewing my photo album. Most recently, I had the phone in my pocket with music player playing and the phone just stopped working. :confused: Battery level wasnt low and I had to remove the battery and reinsert it to get the phone going again for each of those times. The phone might have crashed but idk, this never happened before the past few days (Ive been using it for 2.5 months now)

Advertisement
  2. jonous101

jonous101 Well-Known Member

mine does it once a fortnight, i assumed it was coz i just never turn it off - i don't have a landline, so it's constantly on? i have no idea what i'm talking about tho - this is my theory lol.

3. tuahogary

yea i dont switch mine off either, except for the occasional reboot when something goes wrong.. i dont think cellphones are meant to be switched off? arent they built to be switched on 24/7? anyways i'm just confused because the phone crashes even though its not running any cpu intensive tasks.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Are you using a task killer?

5. tuahogary

Sometimes I use ES Task Manager but I'm not sure if it still runs in the background when I exit it. I have never turned on the autokill setting. Also, I run Netcounter as a bg service but I never had problems with it since I installed it a few months ago.

6. tuahogary

NOOOO!!! it just happened AGAIN!! this time i just left the phone on the table and now i cant press any of the buttons to wake it up again!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. umshamrock

umshamrock Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem! three times in the last week i have had my hero in my pocket or in my bag and i pull it out and it is just dead. i have to take the battery out to get it to turn back on. the battery is not low. the task killer i use is Advanced Taks Killer Free. This has only happened since the 2.1 update. Please help guys!

8. PaulC

PaulC Active Member

Also had a few random crashes since the 2.1 update... blank screen and no response from anything, had to remove the battery (never had to do that before the update).

Has happened 3 times so far, all of which it has been in my pocket doing nothing.

No task killer or scheduled tasks/services.

9. Alex123

Alex123 New Member

Hey Guys,

are you still getting random crashes on your Hero? If not, did you find a way to stop them happening?

I ask because in the middle of doing different things, the phone will just reboot without any warning. It's not too annoying when reading a twitter feed or playing a game, but it's quite frustrating when in the middle of a call!!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

10. natnat

natnat Well-Known Member

nothing helpfull to add I'm affraid. Just to say this has happened to me 3 times too. Weird how the number of times seems to be 3 for most of us. I wonder if they where all at the same time?

All times I have not been touching my phone, just heard it vibrate so looked to see why and it was shutting down. Has not happened for about a week though.

Very odd

11. HateHeroLuvSprint

HateHeroLuvSprint New Member

Yes mine does that also. It started a few months ago. I can not upgrade until Octocber 2010, so that sucks. This Hero is a Zero.

12. pridout

pridout Member

I was getting random crashes/reboots until I uninstalled Newsrob as posted here

13. sherlok

sherlok New Member

Just wanted to add that my hero (2.1) is also crashing randomly. It's now happening everyday if not twice a day!

Anyone got any thoughts/updates on what may be causing this?

14. groggy

groggy Well-Known Member

and me!!!
    it has happend 3 time in the last week and for some wierd reason i can turn it back on untill i put it on charge...even though my battery was around 50%

15. numski

numski New Member

How do u fix it from crashing do u go back to the old rom 1.5

16. groggy

groggy Well-Known Member

dont think so numski
    i havent updated anything since i got it and mine has crashed

17. annavall

annavall Member

Mine keeps crashing too... It first happened a couple of days ago (about 2 weeks since I updated it), and now it happens several times a day. The only thing I can do is to remove the battery.

18. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

What if most are not using Newsrob, I get the reboots, nit as often but I never had Newsrob

19. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

What does removing the battery have to do if it is already rebooting??