HERO ROM upgrade without connecting to computer

Last Updated:

1. gizmo2705

gizmo2705 Member This Topic's Starter

as per title please, im having problems connecting my hero to the computer to do a ROM upgrade, iv heard this upgrade fixes pc connecting issues but i obviously cant upgrade it because i cant connect to the computer....if that makes sense? lol

so is it possible to do the rom upgrade without connecting it to the computer via cable?

cheers

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You can go from 1.5 to 2.1 without a computer yes, but you can't install 1.5 ROMs without one.

What are you trying to do?

EDIT: I believe there is a work around way of doing 1.5 without a PC, but I haven't done it my self. So no guarantees.

3. CitizenD

CitizenD Well-Known Member

I assume you're on the GSM Hero, but I was able to do this on my CDMA Sprint Hero a few nights ago. I don't have the program name anymore (just the unzipped .apk file) and it took some digging, since I was running 2.1 and had the Sprint root blocker patch. It took some googling and forum digging to find the work around.

4. Noidfloyd

Noidfloyd Member

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

FYI: No methods to root the GSM Hero should be used on a CDMA (Sprint) hero or vies versa. You're just going to brick it.