• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero screen protector question and App question

Hey there just had my G2 for over a week 2day and Im loving it! I only have a few quick question about the phone.

I recently bought the official screen protectors and after my second attempt i managed to get one on..only thing is theres a little what looks like a spec of dirt on the top right of the screen..should i leave it there or should i buy some more screen protectors and try replying again?

Also could someone recommend me a good app that allows me to transfer my contacts, apps to my new 16GB microSDHC card..I tried the one listed here but all i get is no app found..cheers

Hi welshwaynejack,

I also bought the HTC screen protector for my Hero. I got a couple of tiny bits of dust under one corner and got them out with sellotape as follows...

I wrapped a small amount of sellotape around the end of my finger, sticky side out.
I then carefully lifted the corner of the protector with a thin piece of plastic (so that I didn't get fingerprints on it.
While lifted, I gently dabbed the sticky underside of the screen protector with the sellotape and it transferred the dust to my finger (probably as the sellotape adhesive is stronger).
Gently placed the corner back on the screen and voila, no dust.

For what it's worth to anyone else reading this. The genuine HTC screen protectors are actually pretty good. I've abused mine in the last couple of weeks and it still looks perfect, with no scratches or marks. It's so clear, you can't really see it, so it doesn't obscure the screen image at all.

Cheers,
Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones