Hero sending an auto text when i miss a call?

Last Updated:

1. animrod

animrod Member This Topic's Starter

I missed a call from my husband this morning and he said that he immediately received a text from me saying i was busy and would call him later. Well, I had not sent the message and yet there it is. Have looked and looked for a feature that may be causing that. I use Handscent. Any helpful info? I have had this phone 4 months and this has never happened.

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Its your call reject message which you will find menu>settings>call settings>phone settings> and you will see the default message,

mjcritchie likes this.
  3. animrod

animrod Member This Topic's Starter

I found this setting a little differently.. Had to click on phone and the settings. I do see the message. How do i turn it off? I just want the calls to go to voicemail if i "ignore" them. Never remember turning this on in the first place...

thanks so much!

4. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

You could try deleting the call reject message then it will have nothing to send, just a thought.

5. PhippsyB

PhippsyB Active Member

If you tick the option "Edit message" in the "menu>settings>call settings>phone settings>" that Ziani mentioned above, it will prompt you to edit or cancel the message before it is sent. Not exactly what you're looking for but at least your Hero won't be sending texts without your say so. ;)

6. steve_f

steve_f Member

I changed my text to:

"(This is an automated text) I have not heard my phone ringing or am unable to answer the phone right now. Call you later"

Steve