Hero should be here in a few, some basic questions

Last Updated:

1. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

My new hero should be here in a few. I am upgrading from a instinct to this.

Does anyone really like the phone =), seems like a lot of complaints on the forums. I was choosing between this and the moment, while like liked the keyboard on the moment from what i could tell i like the interface better on the hero.

Any must have apps to download? I would like a few good games, i searched a bit and seemed like robo defense is pretty highly regarded. Any decent rpg like games for it?

And last question do you use a case or screen saver? I did not use one for a long time on my instinct but finally the screen did get pretty scratched up.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

Forums tend to have more complaints than praises by the general nature of forums. Just like if you read reviews of apartments on apartments.com most are negative. People get online to bitch. It's ok. :) I would really get the Hero over the Moment. Right now, the Hero is the only one that the manufacturer said will get an update to Android 2.x. As for the Moment, I am not too sure on Samsung's upgrade path for it.

Don't play games on my phone really, but there are quite a few. Nothing like the iPhone, but probably best platform (WebOS, Blackberry, Windows) behind it, but still nothing like the iPhone for games.

The Hero has a glass screen, not plastic. It is very hard to scratch. You can get a protector if you want, they are invisible on this type of phone. My favorite are from Clarivue or Skinomi. As far as a case, I don't need one as I don't drop my phone usually.

3. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

I agree with usually forums have more complainers than praises.

I love this phone.

Games I recommend:
    FunTowers
    Abduction!
    Gem Miner
    Robo Defense
    Bubble Defense
    Dopewars
    Mines
    Subprime Mortgage Lender

Keep in mind the development of Android apps has not been taking place as long as the iPhone has. The market will be exploding within the next 6 months.

As far as the screen protection, again the dcdttu is correct this screen is hard to scratch significantly. I had a full Invisible shield on my phone all the way around. I took the screen part off and left the rest on and am having no problems.

4. VinceO

VinceO Well-Known Member

I love my Hero. I just exchanged my Moment yesterday for it. As for apps and games, hmmmm, for apps I have ES Task Manager, Apps Installer and Proximity Sensor. No games yet...

5. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I came from the original Instinct and YES I love this phone. This is actually my second Hero because of various problems the first one I had. But the Hero is so much more. I currently carry both Hero and Instinct because I have not transferred everyything over yet. The Hero take less pressure to scroll and the tackball.... amazing. I do miss having an extra battery - Instinct never left my side. Apps, just search because there are so many good apps - Instinct apps were almost non-existent. I did have a screen protector on the Instinct but the Hero seem sturdier.

6. SilHero

SilHero Well-Known Member

the Hero has 7 screens where the Moment only has 3

7. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm... I don't know the exact sales figures, but there are thousands (x10 or x100) that are out there with just a small percentage of the owners having issues. like anything... but it really is a great phone. You won't be disappointed. Sense UI makes all the difference IMHO.

Anyway, hope you like it!

:cool:

8. ajuarbe

ajuarbe Well-Known Member

I bought my Hero about 3 weeks ago and I love it! I do not have any of the problems that people complain about with my Hero. My battery lasts me all day and then I plug it in at night. You definitely made the right choice. :D

9. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Man I got my hero from best buy before the official release and I have to say I love this device! It has a good number of apps available in the market. Browsing is amazing and the sense UI is great.

10. Bnice

Bnice Guest

the phone is real nice,you coming from the instinct to the HERO..you won't be sorry..

11. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I am what you can call a phone collector and I can say the hero won't let you down. Ranks right up there with the best.