hero sleep problem

Last Updated:

1. mjcook1984

mjcook1984 Active Member This Topic's Starter

does any1 else have this problem with there hero/g2 sometimes. Its happen once today already my phone will go sleep and then when i come to use it next it wont wake up and i have to remove the battery and boot up the phone again its starting to get really annoying as for all i know it might do it first thing in the morning and if i dnt check my phone all day and relise its done this i wont get any call or texts what happen if someone need to urgently get in contact with me but cant because my heros pulled this stunt again. i think it might to time to unroot it and take it back to tmobile. does any1 else have this problem or have a solution to stop it doing it.

Advertisement
  2. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member

Yes, you are not alone. Don't know why or how it happens or if there's any fix but it has happened to me about 3 times in the last couple of months.

3. kelcoshows

kelcoshows Member

I've had T-mobiles G2 since last Friday and yesterday this happened to me twice yesterday. Has anyone found a cause for this yet? :confused:

4. nibor

nibor Member

Happened to me the other day also

5. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I have a G2, but I haven't had this happen. Are you all using G2's (as opposed to Stock Heros)?

First thign to do is check you all have the latest software. If you go to Settigns > About Phone > Build Number. If it doesn't start with 2.73, you need a software update.

Go to this page, click the Android Tab and follow the instructions at the bottom to update, it is a fairly simple proccess but it has major stability and p[erformance improvements. As far as I know T-Mobile arn't shipping the phones with the updates pre-installed yet

6. nibor

nibor Member

Mine is a hero on 3 with latest. Firmware etc

7. kelcoshows

kelcoshows Member

My one is a G2 with the lastest software from T-Mobile's website and it's just done it again! I'm not sure if the phone has crashed on the buttons stop working so you cant wake it up. Removing the battery solved the problem again...but a little bit annoying now..

8. fearce

fearce New Member

Hi,

I know this is slightly out of date, but I too am getting this problem, happened twice and only got phone recently, it has latest firmware on too.

Did you guys find out the cause or fix?

Thanks.