• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero Slow even after reset

Chinkee

Lurker
May 30, 2010
Ok, probably been talked about but it's very annoying. I have the 2.1 update and the firmware update that came a week ago. I like that they fixed the keyboard vibrate problem(where it would vibrate long once, and then every other vibration would be half the length) but the lag is still unbearable. How come the iPhone perfected the touch screen and when HTC made the Hero(years later), it comes out worse? I can't type as fast as on an iPhone, nor can I make calls fast enough. Why does it always take so long for the phone to go into "call mode"? Even though I have no programs running in the background it is slow as balls. I'll reset the phone and delete all my text messages. The keyboard is unresponsive for fast typers. I'll tap a button and it will lag and act as if I held it and puts a symbol instead. Anyone else suffer from this problem?

First of all, don't compare the Hero to the iPhone. Second, there are several things that help with keyboard lag, get the HTC_ime keyboard from xda forums, its known to be lag-free and is what I use. Also, disabling the haptic feedback (vibration) usually helps if your keyboard lags.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
First of all, don't compare the Hero to the iPhone. Second, there are several things that help with keyboard lag, get the HTC_ime keyboard from xda forums, its known to be lag-free and is what I use. Also, disabling the haptic feedback (vibration) usually helps if your keyboard lags.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Is that keyboard a hack or something? I don't have my phone rooted. where can I find and install this if it is not a hack??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones