Hero Slow even after reset

Last Updated:

1. Chinkee

Chinkee Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, probably been talked about but it's very annoying. I have the 2.1 update and the firmware update that came a week ago. I like that they fixed the keyboard vibrate problem(where it would vibrate long once, and then every other vibration would be half the length) but the lag is still unbearable. How come the iPhone perfected the touch screen and when HTC made the Hero(years later), it comes out worse? I can't type as fast as on an iPhone, nor can I make calls fast enough. Why does it always take so long for the phone to go into "call mode"? Even though I have no programs running in the background it is slow as balls. I'll reset the phone and delete all my text messages. The keyboard is unresponsive for fast typers. I'll tap a button and it will lag and act as if I held it and puts a symbol instead. Anyone else suffer from this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

First of all, don't compare the Hero to the iPhone. Second, there are several things that help with keyboard lag, get the HTC_ime keyboard from xda forums, its known to be lag-free and is what I use. Also, disabling the haptic feedback (vibration) usually helps if your keyboard lags.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Dailer lag has been a problem for many people (myself included). I switched roms and it fixed that issue. Try different keyboard and find which one you like. I am now lag free.

4. Chinkee

Chinkee Member This Topic's Starter

Is that keyboard a hack or something? I don't have my phone rooted. where can I find and install this if it is not a hack??

5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Gimpsta.com, you can build it from scratch.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

6. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

I understand about the phone lag especially when making a phone call its crazy.

7. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

by switched you mean updated? or you download it on to your phone?

8. cyberfreakct38

cyberfreakct38 New Member

Agreed, when i press a contact to call them, I can literally put the pone on my desk and wait about 15 seconds for it to dial.