Hero sms issue.Support

Last Updated:

1. Elpelco

Elpelco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this is a known issue, but my Hero is one of the ones that doesn't get all the text messages sent its way. They register as delivered but the phone never picks them up.
    I've got SMS to mailbox installed, which means I'm not missing messages any more, but I'd rather that was a temporary solution.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I don't have a fix for you, having never experienced the issue myself, but perhaps you should give us some more information so that we may narrow down the cause of the problem.

Are you on a European Hero or Sprint Hero? Locked or unlocked? And which provider? What are your APN settings (Settings>Wireless Controls>Mobile Network Settings>Access Point Names)?

3. Elpelco

Sure, sorry. It's a European Hero, unlocked, (unbranded), currently on Vodafone. I don't think it's a newtwork thing though, because I am getting my messages via sms to mailbox, but the phone isn't picking them up; Hero users all over the place have reported the same thing.
    RE apn settings, it's set to Vodafone post-pay ISP, do you need any other info?

4. Nighthaunt

Nighthaunt Well-Known Member

Just got my Hero (sim free UK model) on Vodafone the other day, didn't adjust any settings and the SMS are arriving as normal - have ytou checked the ROM version of your phone? (although I was recieving SMS fine before I upgraded to the latest rom).

The APN is for mobile internet (post pay is what Vodafone term Contract Internet).

Regards

Alex

5. Elpelco

But how do you know you're getting them ALL? I'm not not getting all of them, I'm missing a few of them. Try installing sms to mailbox, see if you get any by email that don't make it to your phone :)