• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero - sorted out - now a love story!

nickhirst

Nov 8, 2009
now that my wifi is sorted and n turned off on the dlink router i have to say that this is the best phone iv ever had! and iv had a lot of phones including a 2g a 3g and a 3gs you know what I mean! But never again. Cold turkey is over and now i have my new fix.
What do you think of your HERO:D

I absolutely love my G2(Hero). My last phone was a LG Viewty and it was a choice between the iPhone and a Hero and I am glad with the choice I made. I am dont really know much about rooting , custom ROMS and all that stuff but I love how much you can customise this phone and the apps that are available.

Few teething problems I have had to over come but I certainly made the right choice.

Upvote 0
I came from 6 years of BlackBerry. They are pretty solid devices so I didn't have very high hopes about the Hero or Android platform.

After using it however I'm amazed at how much more fun and practical use I get out of the Hero as opposed to the BB!

My BB's where basically paper weights that I'd pick up if an alert sounded. LOL

Upvote 0
I've had my Hero for 4 days now and it's a great experience. I'm a former Treo 700 user and for me it worked very well for what I needed. The internet browser got my by and being Windows Mobile-based was great. There is nothing from my Treo that isn't 10X better on the Hero...from the media player to internet browsing to apps and more. It took me a 2 days to get acclimated to everything related to learning a new phone, but now that I've got a solid handle on most things, I have to say this phone is IT! The only issue I'm having is adjusting to the touchscreen keyboard and spending way too much time browsing the market. Aside from that, I have not one complaint. My battery lasts long enough and I don't have the lag concerns/issues others talk about.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones