Hero stuck at "Hero logo"

Last Updated:

1. smokealot

smokealot Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys

Yesterday i found a HTC Hero lying around at the office, i asked by boss about it and he said that i could have it if i got i working... :)

The problem is that when u turn it on, u will only see the "Hero logo" and get a small vibrator beep. :mad:

This is anoying since the phone cant make a USB connection to my computer, so i cant use any official HTC flashing software, im therefore kinda limitet to placing files on the sdcard.

Ive tried going to the "android system recoveru utility" and performed a wipe / factory reset.

ive also tried downloading:
    update-hero-generic-2.73.405.5-signed.zip

and renaming it to "update.zip", placing it on the sdcard (in root folder)

and run the "apply sdcard:update.zip"
    but i get "No signature", Installation aborted.

finally ive tried the HBOOT option, extracting rom.zip from the 2.73.405.5 official WWE RUU package (the exe), and renaming it to HEROIMG.zip. but im just gettin a "No image or wrong image" failure.

I dont know what else to try, any of u guys got at suggestion, its very welcome. I dont wanna trash the phone, if there is any way of fixing it.

thx on advance :)

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Do you know if the phone has ever been rooted? (You are posing this in the rooting section of the Hero section afterall).

Turn the phone off, and then turn it on by holding home + power. If you get a screen like this then it's easily fixed.

If you don't get hat, then I would've recommended the method you tried: extracting the .zip from an official RUU package. Unfortunately I've never actually had to do it my self, so I can't say where you're going wrong. Hopefully someone else here can.

So you can't install the firmware via the pc? Have you tried connecting the phone via USB and putting the phone in fastboot (boot whilst holding back + power)/recovery mode (boot whilst holding home + power)?

Have you tried other PCs?

3. smokealot

smokealot Member This Topic's Starter

Thx for the answer, got around it using fastboot usb. and an proper driver.