• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hero stuck at quietly brilliant screen - help needed

hey everyone,

I'm having this same problem - I have followed the steps here: Installing Custom ROMs - Villain ROM

..and have attempted to flash from recovery menu Froyd 1.5 614MHz Kernel.

I reboot the phone and it goes into the behaviour that the user above described, blank screen, to white quietly brilliant screen, to blank screen and so on... been doing this for around 10mins now.

I have tried flashing this ROM twice and same behaviour.

I also wiped my SD card before starting this so it is blank (bar the zip of course) and, of course, I did all the wipes from recovery menu..

Anyone any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hehe, to be honest I read what you wrote on VR forums :p and wanted to look smart. BTW you are not the first one with this problem :D I think 2 other ppl were already doing this and I even made a screenshot guide for them :p 15 post up here. Just I didnt remember that it still could be the cause :D

To the better than expected :p . Well its an old ROM. But not so bad ;) . Waiting for the new release (Till then on elelinux or floyo :D)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones