Hero Successor or Nexus One

Last Updated:

1. fahadchaudhry

fahadchaudhry Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    Though Nexus and SE's X10 have faster processors than Hero's. But I love the Hero's Sense UI and this thing is confusing me in making a decision to go for Hero or N1/X10.

And then yesterday I read about Hero's successor - Espresso, I think - and I definitely want to go for that but again it has a processor of 600MHz.

I'm on Three (UK) and don't want to leave it. can you please tell me the difference in functionality of 1GHz and 600MHz? Is there a great difference?

Is 600MHz more than enough on a smartphone?

Does Sense UI justify to compromise on N1?

Which phone should I go for, N1, X10, Hero's successor?

SE's X10 is a very appealing phone, both in terms of looks and functionality. Its UI is very nice and its specs are capable to handle much future updates. But I read somewhere that SE won't update it beyond 2.0 because they are not good in after-sale-product-support. Any idea about this? Is it possible that one can download updates from internet? Will SE's UI be compatible with newly downloaded updates?

Sorry, I asked so much. I appreciate if you can answer these.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

There will be no difference in functionality between the 2 processors you mention. There is a difference in speed though.

I would want to stay with the HTC Sense UI so would wait for a 1GHz phone to appear with it installed if 1GHz was so important.

3. invinciblervd

invinciblervd Member

I would suggest go for N1. HTC's sense UI is very nice but you'll regret in future about the delay HTC adds to bring Android update to ur phone as it has its own customisations.
    I would highly recommend to go for N1 and you'll be the 1st one to receive OTA updates by Google directly.
    Cheers

4. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

Just my two cents, but if there's one truism in technology and gadgets, it's that there's always going to be something better/cooler/faster/more fun coming down the pipe. The waiting game can never end, so if there's a device out there that meets your personal needs now, I say go for it, whatever it might be.

5. david83

david83 Well-Known Member

although i havent used an N1 ive heard the os can still be choppy even with 1ghz.

6. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

I've had a play with one and it seemed pretty damned smooth to me.

7. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Wait for the HTC Bravo?

8. oneheadlig

oneheadlig Active Member

9. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

I read on this forum somewhere that it is basically a Nexus with HTC Sense. Worth waiting for if you ask me. :D

10. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Or the Supersonic which is better than the N1 and has Sense :p