HERO tends to get slow when..

Last Updated:

1. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay so my hero gets REALLY slow when like i get texts and stuff. i mean its fine when im using my phone like on facebook and i can tell when im getting a text because my phone will start to lag and stuff so its like warning, but other times ill go take a nap and put my phone on silent and wake up and see i have like 5-10 texts and or a few missed calls and my hero will RUN SOOOOOO SLOW because of all the texts and shit. its so annoying !!!

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

It's probably the Sprint network.

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Hmm.. Is it a Sprint hero, or a Euro one? I've never come across this problem before. Try restarting your phone.

Another thing popped into my head, do you have a massive amount of call history or sms?

4. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

its sprint hero....and i have MASSIVE amount of texts. i cant [Removed by MOD] delete them tho casue they just dont delete. the most texts i have in one thread is 4736 !!!!

5. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

...yeah you shouldn't have allowed the thread to get that large lol.

I believe you can batch delete using handcent. It may look like nothing is happening but just leave it (perhaps overnight). However, I think it can only batch delete 50 at a time lol.

6. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

if you rooted check out the link in my sig and download the pre kitchen in the kitchen there is a option to backup and delete all sms ....VERY HELPFUL TOOL

7. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

This is one of the things that piss me off to no end. I had tens of thousands of texts stored on my iPhone and it was never an issue. I have a few thousand and the Hero bogs down for five seconds each time a text comes in. I shouldn't have to delete them, but it doesn't matter because I can't. I'm not batch deleting 50 at a time 80 times.

8. adiazm89

adiazm89 Member

I have the exact problem with my phone... I text a lot and sometimes when I want to reply the keybord will lagg and freeze for about 3 seconds and when it freezes it holds the letters I am typing and that makes it put the sombols insted of the letters for example if I click "k" it will put the question mark insted or "f" will put the money sine

9. adiazm89

adiazm89 Member

I have the exact problem with my phone... I text a lot and sometimes when I want to reply the keybord will lagg and freeze for about 3 seconds and when it freezes it holds the letters I am typing and that makes it put the sombols insted of the letters for example if I click "k" it will put the question mark insted or "f" will put the money sine.. also I have the problem with deleting the messages just click delete and wait a while 5 minut3s or so they will eventually get deleted.

10. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Why leave the iPhone then?

11. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Tens of thousands of texts, huh...obsessive compulsive?:rolleyes:

12. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

The same thing happens to me! It's annoying! :rolleyes:

13. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Yea its something I hope they fix with the new update. I feel like everything is ok with the hero except it doesn't allow u to delete prior messages and of course the keyboard lag when in certain programs. Typing in landscape is a headache sometimes in the browser.

14. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Come to think about it, I never cleared out any texts since getting it. And yeah the phone gets slow sometimes. So I deleted them and its back to being as fast as before.

TS

15. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

16. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

Why would you want to store that many texts? They're not searchable, so having thousands of texts is a bit useless.

I tend to delete all of mine every week, as stored texts isn't as useful as phone speed.

17. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Market > Search > SMS Backup > Download > Install

Enjoy SMS backups forever in your gmail account for free

Delete your SMS threads weekly on the phone.

18. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

AT&T. By the time I realized all of the Hero's limitations, my 30 day trial was up.

19. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Damn that sucks. Now your stuck for 2 years.

20. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

So just deleting the text messages will speed up my phone? I don't have but about 700 or so but there is no point in holding on to them (except for the fact that Phonalyzer can analyze them).

I look forward to hear from those that have done this to see if it really makes that much of a difference. I too notice a slow down when an incoming text shows up however I always thought it was just Handcent being slow.

21. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

well in a way your right it is handcent being handcent as it load all the texts everytime you open the app so its taking longer to open giving you the effect that its slow