• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero to Desire query to Lekky

JayCee

Oct 31, 2009
Bonny Scotland
I bought my Hero sim free 5 months ago and have been using it on the O2 Simplicity tarrif but now I'm seriously thinking of selling it and getting a Desire on contract with Vodafone mainly because the O2 signal in my house is poor and the Voda signal is 1st class and depending on Voda plan may be able to get it without shelling out money up front.

As you seem to be the font of all knowledge on both devices I'd appreciate your input on what you find to be the best reasons for upgrading to the Desire and why you didn't go for the Legend?...is it the screen size, speed etc?
What I found annoying on the Hero was the placement of the "back" button when using the phone one-handed...do you find the placement of this button on the Desire better?
Even if you can give a link where you've maybe already answered this or similar queries on the forum.
Ta

To be honest I didn't even look at upgrading to the Legend. The Desire has the higher specs, and as I was gonig to be buying this phone outright, I wanted it to last. Better specs = longer shelf life.

There back button is one of the middle buttons so you should find it quite easy to use, but I never really had any problems with the Hero's design, the position on the Desire does seem more natural.

The phone is an amazing experience, its a step above the Hero (and you know how much I love the Hero). Screen size, screen quality (you can really see the double resoultion this phone has), screen colour, speed (no need for a task killer at all). I also bought it on the promise of full flash too.

Edit: Apparently the Legend doesn't have live wallpapers! :O

Reactions: JayCee
Upvote 0
I think the Legend does have live wallpapers as it is on 2.1 but I cannot remember when I played with it in the Voda store, essentially my reasoning is the same as @lekky, currently the Desire is the best Android handset, if not best Mobile handset with the fastest processor speed and the highest RAM capacity.

The Legend internally is not that much of a step up from the hero, about 70MHz faster processor speed (not too sure, cannot remember at this current time) and a bit more RAM than the Hero, it still works like a treat but I don't think it will last too long but then that is me personally and only now are people upgrading their G1's

Reactions: JayCee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones