Hero to Evo?

Last Updated:

1. gfp101

gfp101 Member This Topic's Starter

I have been using the HTC Hero for sprint for about three weeks. It has worked fine for me only problem is difficulty with using the keypad at times (wrong key getting pressed).

I am wondering if I should consider upgrading to the EVO. Is it worth the extra $10 per month. My son also got the evo last week and has been having a nightmare with the battery and the phone shutting itself off at times. I'm wondering if I'm just setting myself up for headaches? Any feedback welcome.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

This should probably go to the EVO forum as they can tell you the problems. You can also search the forum. You had the phone for three weeks, so you have actually used it and know how it performs. If you like the Hero then keep it. The latest and greatest is not always the best for an individual. "What do you want?" is the question.

3. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

For your texting issues with the Hero, have you tried calibrating the keyboard? Also, have you tried out the different keyboards (landscape full, portrait compact, portrait keypad)? You can also try using text prediction, spell correction, or word completion. I personally love the compact QWERTY in portrait with T9 predictive text.