• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero update to 2.1, then another update??

neale

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
Hi,
A couple of days ago i succesfully updated my orange branded hero to
2.1.. via 2 updates OTA.
Yesterday i was flicking through the device all works fine. I went into software update and checked for updates expecting it to say NO updates available as i have the 2.1 installed working, but it started downloading an update! it finished and i tried to install it but my battery was low so chose update later option, switched my wifi off and let it charge for awhile. Returning to the phone i chose to install the update but whilst on the update screen i accidentally pressed the home key,, Now the update has disappeared! Held the home key in, not in the multi-task list, gone! tried to update again but says NO updates available..
what was this update?? i have downloaded both parts of the 2.1, so bugging me as to what it was??

Anyone have any ideas..?
Thanks in advance

Neale

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones