Hero Upgrade......poor

Last Updated:

1. Michael George

Michael George Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is it just me or is the spec of the successor to the Hero, the Legend spec poor, it looks good but even a one gig processor :-(. And from one review it has not flash support like on the Hero. So it looks like one choice for me Desire, not as good a looking phone, more like the Nexus One with Sense. what do people think?

Advertisement
  2. SirGaz

SirGaz Active Member

The legend for me is more of a facelift for the hero, not a successor. So HTC can sell a phone that didn't cost a lot to design and build (it's pretty much the same as the hero with a different case), make a nice profit and maybe still sell a few heros to boot.

3. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

Well, when the Hero was released it was HTC's high end android phone. In that case you could say that the new Desire is the Hero successor, and not the Legend.

HTC is offering a high end, relatively expensive Android phone with the Desire and, as SirGaz suggested, given the Hero a bit of a polish and offering it as their lower end, less expensive android option.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The Desire will be HTC's flagship handset for the immediate future (basically a Nexus One with Sense), while the Legend is a facelifted/updated Hero. They're not competitors for the same market.