hero upgrade

Last Updated:

1. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have any idea what's in store to replace the Hero? Other than the Evo & the new Epic I haven't heard of anything new. It seems like Verizon, AT&T, even T Mobile have new phones being announced right & left. On the Sprint side of things we hear Crickets. I don't want the Evo because of the size & because it's 4G (not in my area). The Epic was awesome even though it's 4G...until they added the slide out keyboard. My belief is that you have touch screen people & you have QWERTY people. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to replace my touch screen with a physical keyboard, even if I can opt to only use the on screen keyboard.
    Many of Sprint's Hero customers will be eligible for upgrade in October & while that may be a long time in the phone/tech world it's not that much time on the calendar. I think by this time last year we were all getting pumped about the Hero.

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I was interested in seeing what Sprint had to offer in the future also, but since I rooted the phone, it opened new possibilities for me. I'm no longer interested, for now. Since 4g is not in my area yet, I really do not need to get a new phone anyways.

3. cyberdog433

cyberdog433 Member

Actually their 3G speed is great in this area, I'd buy a bigger more powerful version of the Hero....don't actually need the giant 4.3 inch of the Evo with 4G. Epic isn't really any smaller....actually bigger in 2 of the 3 dimensions than an Evo. I can go 2 days on the battery in the Hero, EVO users struggle to make a full day with usage. - What to do, have that upgrade credit and nothing to buy. Might wait and see what comes out for the 4th quarter.

4. alex51

alex51 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Sprint/HTC not offering something to replace the Hero with due to the high sales volume it achieved but I have not read anything yet.A better processor( 1ghz Snapdragon preferably) and more stable system with 2.2 out of the box would be my ideal phone and if they give me that they can keep their 4G & $10 add charge.
    Since the Hero stock is not being replenished now my guess would be last quarter this yr.,to take advantage of the holiday sales.

5. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

I think the Legend was suppose to the next phone but HTC stopped production cuz of a shortage with the screen or something like that. I was waiting for the Legend but it was taking to long to even be announced for the States & found the Hero online for free so I jumped on it. I hope they do offer a non 4G in the near future though.

6. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I also am looking forward to the successor of the Hero, preferrably with a 3.7in+ screen and no 4g upcharge.

7. dave675

dave675 Active Member

You are anti American for not wanting the evo - bigger and better, and a gas, I mean electric, guzzler to boast.

Joehunni likes this.
  8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Ditto... but it doesn't look like that'll be happening before October 1st....:(

9. kimknapp

kimknapp Member

Please. Do not replace the hero with a phone that is larger. I like it just the size it is!! That is why I bought it and not a larger phone.

10. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Well-Known Member

it'd be an ideal situation to have a phone the size of the htc aria and one 3.7" - both non4g.