Hero Upgrade????

Last Updated:

1. Poodles

Poodles Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,

I have a Hero and am very very happy with it.

I have seen a firmware update of 2.0 but also read that the hero may skip this and just hit the 2.1 (when it is released)

I just wanted to know if there is a 2.0 update for the hero - and if so how do i get it an install it onto the phone?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. StDevious

StDevious Well-Known Member

htc and sprint are skipping 2.0 and going to 2.1. it will come in 1st half of 2010.

you can install unofficial ROMs by rooting your phone if you are the adventurous kind.

3. Poodles

Poodles Member This Topic's Starter

Ah ok thanks for the info.

Is it worth putting on a custom ROM? Is there somewhere that lists the changes from 1.5 to 2.0 /21 ?

4. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

The only stable custom Roms are those from Modaco. They are based off 1.5.
    There are 2.1 Roms available but they are beta, not all functions work though, and they are dumps from other devices.

5. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

The best 2.1 Hero ROM available is the one by Lox and Benhaam. It's still got a long way to go though, and really any custom 2.1 ROM based off this test build dump will never be worth it to use full time.

Basically, until the final version of 2.1 for the Hero is either released or leaked, there wont be any custom ROMs worth running for any experience other than experimenting.