Hero vs Moment after 2.1 updates

Last Updated:

1. jrdatrackstar

jrdatrackstar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone tried both phones after the 2.1 updates? Someone is willing to trade me their moment for my hero and I really want that faster processor, but dont want to lose multi touch.

Advertisement
  2. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. Just because i spent 100 bucks on an Instinct and it crapped out on me after a month. Only reason I got the Instinct was because I had a Samsung M520 Slider that laster a year and a half and went through HELL. I even threw it against the wall once because the screen messed up. It fell apart, guess what happened when I put it back together? The damn screen started working again!

Anyways, After all that, the Instinct craps out after a month? Stick with your Hero, killer.

**** Samsung.

3. jrdatrackstar

Wow I'm getting the Epic too when it comes out lol. I thought the Moment would be faster than the Hero, and the AMOLED screen would help with the smaller battery. I might trade and hang out on Craigslist for awhile to see if someone will trade if I dont like it.

4. FdxRider

FdxRider Well-Known Member

My wife just got a Moment and we are in the process of returning it today or tomorrow! She's having issues that she doesn't care for. Now as for me if i owned the Phone I would try to solve some of the issues. I helped her set it up,and i did not like some the user interface,but maybe because i was used to my Hero ( rooted Fresh Rom 2.1.2)

5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I have the Hero..Wife has the Moment.. Both running 2.1. Honestly, I can't see a difference in speeds. Her screen is a LITTLE nicer. However, the Moment still has that pesky pseudo airplane mode issue, where it suddenly puts itself into airplane mode. sometimes she can reboot to fix it..sometimes she has to pull the battery. My battery life is also better on my Hero than her Moment.

Keep your Hero.. wait til the new lineup of phones is available

6. jrdatrackstar

Thank you all for your responses.... theyre just what I needed to hear. I guess the processor doesn't help when it comes to speed, and when 2.2 comes through Cyanogen I guess that will make up for the lack of processor power, and the battery life on the Hero is good to me so I don't want anything less than this amount of battery life.

7. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I think you should just kick tight with the Hero.

8. hakujin

hakujin Well-Known Member

I hate my wife's moment (as does she many times) and it actually seems slower... had to remove launcher pro as she was getting tired of the home screen lag at times; proximity sensor is broke, contacts manager in 2.1 is broke (that is if you aren't a fan of google contacts over local contacts), no SENSE UI just seems quirky and counter intuitive to me now (e.g. dragging the dialer up during phone call for touch tone input seems wrong); many times she misses calls when online (no DDTM option).

Excellent battery life though with 2.1. But I wouldn't exchange the Hero for a sec for her phone, imho. In fairness though my Hero is rooted and her Moment is now. *Maybe* that makes a difference in some respects.

9. ABH

ABH Well-Known Member

The Moment has very nice hardware, I haven't experienced any of the physical problems others have mentioned. But, the stock version of Android it has STINKS! You must root the Moment to get a satisfying phone.

I suspect that speed wise a rooted Moment and a rooted Hero are pretty comparable. The only legit reason to pick one over the other is the keyboard. Some folks like hardware keyboards, some folks don't.