Hero vs. Moment - Smoooove vs. Clunky

Last Updated:

1. jephdood

jephdood Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've got both phones in front of me here.. my wife's Samsung Moment and my HTC Hero. And I've noticed that swiping from homepage to homepage, the Hero is MUCH smoother in doing so, and requires much less pressure. I can understand the latter.. physically the screens are different. But the Hero is so silky in its transitions. Is it all Sense? I mean, the Moment has a faster processor.. Is there something the Hero does with its graphics/memory, etc that's just better? Curious.

Advertisement
  2. swaze

swaze Well-Known Member

In one word...............EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing with my wife's Moment. However, at some point she installed PandaHome, and it now swipes from screen to screen with MUCH less pressure and more smoothly to boot.

4. Dredlok

Dredlok Member

My wife's Moment went into airplane mode 2x without her doing anything and would not allow you to remove it from airplane mode without a reboot. The second time this happened I took it back to Sprint and got her a Hero. Now all of of us in my family have Heros.

5. jephdood

jephdood Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, this isn't meant to be a thread to bash the Moment for other reasons.. I was just wondering about the overall 'smoothness' of the two phones, and why the on-paper specs don't play out how you'd think they would in that regard.

The comment about PandaHome helping things is interesting to me.

6. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member

i noticed the same thing, I owned the Moment before switching to the hero.

However, it is sense.

I had Sense turned off on my hero, and used the original 3 android screens and it took more pressure/effort to swype.

7. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Yeah the hardware specs at first convinced me to buy the Moment, then 28 days later I got sick of the radio dying for no good reason and having Pandora suck miserably.

Brought it back to BB and got the Hero, the Hero is a much more stable and smoother phone to operate.

I guess CPU speed isn't everything.