0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (plz post and elaborate

6 vote(s)
    6.7%

Last Updated:

1. Mrniceguy

Mrniceguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How many People went from the Hero to the moment and back to the hero?
    which do yall prefer.
    I know theres a hero vs moment thread but i want to see the results on a poll
    I wanna hear your take on it from your personal experience...

Advertisement
  2. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

I haven't bought either one yet. I'm still using my Curve until December so right now I'm still shopping.

I'm hoping that bug fixes and updates to 2.0 will be out for both by then.

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Of course this poll only makes sense if it's posted in the Moment section as well since this will be skewed towards the Hero under the assumption that people with the Moment are less likely to see this thread. So if you really want an accurate poll there should be a way to merge results between two polls.

4. Mrniceguy

very good point perhaps i should put a reference thread in there

5. masbirdies

masbirdies Well-Known Member

Own a Moment...going back for a look at the Hero before my 30 days is up...may switch, may not

6. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I think the funniest thing is that as of the time of my post, 18 non Hero owners are hanging out on the Sprint HTC Hero forum.

7. Mrniceguy

heh yeah i guess that is kinda amusing :p

8. lesl15

lesl15 Member

I have a Moment. Love the bright display. Hate the massive bulk. Hero is prettier, looks a bit more fun. I am really wanting to and planning on trading for Hero. I think they are both awesome. Sooo torn. Trackpad on Moment is more accurate than the jerky ball, and w/out gunk issues. Hmmmm.... Can't put Moment in pocket. It is just big! I am small. What a horror of a dilemma to put us through! Arrrgghh.... One thing... moment will not take my yahoo mail account, hero will! Ask tech at sprint store that had to hard set it off demo!! :)

9. lesl15

lesl15 Member

What it boils down to w/ me is that the moment is sooobig! Takes me back to 1995. Beautiful screen though.

10. acp

acp Well-Known Member

this goes through my head daily

I looooove the design of the Hero

11. cajunman4life

cajunman4life Well-Known Member

I was torn between the Moment and the Hero, believe it or not. Both had their pluses and minuses in my mind. We spent 2 hours in the Sprint store the day I bought my Hero. Ultimately I think what helped my choice is my wife really liked the Moment better, so I decided to grab the Hero so we could tell our phones apart.

I still find myself grabbing her Moment and playing with it every now and then. But I do love my Hero. If I could, I would probably have and use both. At least I can play with my wife's phone when the mood strikes.

12. acp

acp Well-Known Member

cajun that sounds like my situation..except, I ended up with two moments because of the price match I got at the Sprint store, I ended up saving $30 on each phone (not that much, but it helps).

question for you: after messing around with both phones, which one would you chose if you had to chose one?

13. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

i went by the sprint store and was inquiring what my alternatives to the hero would be, i looked at the moment...for a moment..lol and its way to clunky and huge for me. I decided to stick with the hero. it looks much nicer, feels better and is smaller...so i guess at the moment sprint does not offer anything better than the hero for me.

14. cajunman4life

cajunman4life Well-Known Member

Now you're really putting me on the spot...

I'd probably stick with the Hero. I was leaning iPhone before anyways, so the software keyboard didn't bug me that much. In the end, it's like I get the best of both worlds, because the Moment is never that far away if I want to play with it.

15. acp

acp Well-Known Member

hahah sorry for putting you on the spot

I appreciate your feedback

16. lesl15

lesl15 Member

The Moment is growing on me. Has anyone figured out how to get Yahoo mail set up on the Moment?

17. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I have yahoo set up on my Moment. The instructions on how to do it are posted in the Moment forum

18. lesl15

lesl15 Member

Thank you! Just found it. Jumped the gun and posted on wrong forum.

19. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Add me to the moment > hero never going back

Love this phone

20. badkulo

badkulo New Member

i voted other;
    i started out with the pre. like the form factor, screen, and the keypad(smiley style keyboard), but didnt feel the os was mature enough (gpu not being utilized?!) so i decided to let it develop it some more while i give android a try.

i looked at both the hero and the moment at the sprint store. but after seeing how big the moment was, i knew hero would suit me better. i also didnt like how the keypad is laid out on the moment. coming from treo800w and pre, the moment felt really akward to type on.

i also like that hero has the bigger 1500mah battery. battery life has been great for me especially after the update. its definitely also not as laggy as the pre.

21. kutsushita

kutsushita Well-Known Member

other-
    i started with the instinct (and before that the upstage) and after returning my instinct 8 times in a year and a half for software related issues and absolutely NO support from samsung on the issue i finally made the decision to switch to the hero and not the moment. i'm now completely happy because not only can i do a lot of awesome stuff with my phone but i can just plain and simply USE my phone and actually hold it in my pocket and not in an envelope going back and forth to sprint. although an easy decision for me it was still a decision as to whether they fixed everything wrong with their m-line phones and if i should go ahead and give samsung (my favourite electronics company) one more try or just go with something new. i briefly played with a moment while switching out my contacts and i was happy because i REALLLLY made the right decision.

22. Naldonnis

Naldonnis Member

I have a moment and I'm thinking about trading it in for the Hero. I had an Iphone previous to this so the virtual keyboard wouldn't bother me that much. I just like having a physical keyboard to mash on rather than having to wait for a touch screen to flip side ways. I'm gonna find out, also the battery on the moment I've been posting threads up on the moments battery quirk forum and i'm lucky to get about 6 hours of life out of my phone after fully charging. Hero might be coming home with me :)