• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero Vs Moment Statistics

did you do any swapping around and if so where did you settle

• Started on hero went to moment and came back to hero

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • started on moment went to hero and back to moment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • started on hero and never swapped

Votes: 60 66.7%
  • started on moment and never swapped

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Started on hero and swapped to moment to stay

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • started on moment and swapped to hero to stay

• Left hero or moment for other device

• Other (plz post and elaborate

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
Of course this poll only makes sense if it's posted in the Moment section as well since this will be skewed towards the Hero under the assumption that people with the Moment are less likely to see this thread. So if you really want an accurate poll there should be a way to merge results between two polls.

very good point perhaps i should put a reference thread in there

Upvote 0
I have a Moment. Love the bright display. Hate the massive bulk. Hero is prettier, looks a bit more fun. I am really wanting to and planning on trading for Hero. I think they are both awesome. Sooo torn. Trackpad on Moment is more accurate than the jerky ball, and w/out gunk issues. Hmmmm.... Can't put Moment in pocket. It is just big! I am small. What a horror of a dilemma to put us through! Arrrgghh.... One thing... moment will not take my yahoo mail account, hero will! Ask tech at sprint store that had to hard set it off demo!! :)

Upvote 0
I was torn between the Moment and the Hero, believe it or not. Both had their pluses and minuses in my mind. We spent 2 hours in the Sprint store the day I bought my Hero. Ultimately I think what helped my choice is my wife really liked the Moment better, so I decided to grab the Hero so we could tell our phones apart.

I still find myself grabbing her Moment and playing with it every now and then. But I do love my Hero. If I could, I would probably have and use both. At least I can play with my wife's phone when the mood strikes.

Upvote 0
cajun that sounds like my situation..except, I ended up with two moments because of the price match I got at the Sprint store, I ended up saving $30 on each phone (not that much, but it helps).

question for you: after messing around with both phones, which one would you chose if you had to chose one?

Upvote 0
i went by the sprint store and was inquiring what my alternatives to the hero would be, i looked at the moment...for a moment..lol and its way to clunky and huge for me. I decided to stick with the hero. it looks much nicer, feels better and is smaller...so i guess at the moment sprint does not offer anything better than the hero for me.

Upvote 0
question for you: after messing around with both phones, which one would you chose if you had to chose one?

Now you're really putting me on the spot...

I'd probably stick with the Hero. I was leaning iPhone before anyways, so the software keyboard didn't bug me that much. In the end, it's like I get the best of both worlds, because the Moment is never that far away if I want to play with it.

Upvote 0
i voted other;
i started out with the pre. like the form factor, screen, and the keypad(smiley style keyboard), but didnt feel the os was mature enough (gpu not being utilized?!) so i decided to let it develop it some more while i give android a try.

i looked at both the hero and the moment at the sprint store. but after seeing how big the moment was, i knew hero would suit me better. i also didnt like how the keypad is laid out on the moment. coming from treo800w and pre, the moment felt really akward to type on.

i also like that hero has the bigger 1500mah battery. battery life has been great for me especially after the update. its definitely also not as laggy as the pre.

Upvote 0
other-
i started with the instinct (and before that the upstage) and after returning my instinct 8 times in a year and a half for software related issues and absolutely NO support from samsung on the issue i finally made the decision to switch to the hero and not the moment. i'm now completely happy because not only can i do a lot of awesome stuff with my phone but i can just plain and simply USE my phone and actually hold it in my pocket and not in an envelope going back and forth to sprint. although an easy decision for me it was still a decision as to whether they fixed everything wrong with their m-line phones and if i should go ahead and give samsung (my favourite electronics company) one more try or just go with something new. i briefly played with a moment while switching out my contacts and i was happy because i REALLLLY made the right decision.

Upvote 0
I have a moment and I'm thinking about trading it in for the Hero. I had an Iphone previous to this so the virtual keyboard wouldn't bother me that much. I just like having a physical keyboard to mash on rather than having to wait for a touch screen to flip side ways. I'm gonna find out, also the battery on the moment I've been posting threads up on the moments battery quirk forum and i'm lucky to get about 6 hours of life out of my phone after fully charging. Hero might be coming home with me :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones