Hero Vs Weatherbug

Last Updated:

1. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got done trading my Moment for a Hero. With my moment I had no trouble running Weatherbug. I love this app. I work outside in the elements at night and need my weather. On the Moment it ran my gps all the time, no major battery issues. After getting my Hero I installed Weatherbug. I set it up and wow, where did my fully charged battery go??? Before you ask, I use task killer and closed everything else and my battery went from 100% to under 50% in a little over an hour ... no calls, no text, no browsing. Awake time 100%.

Anything I can do besides not use this great app?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. cswee10582

cswee10582 Well-Known Member

have you updated the software? and if not, did you disable the messaging program and get Handcent from the android store to replace the messaging app.

3. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did get the update and my awake time was under 15% until I installed weatherbug.

4. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

Weatherbug is bloated, just like on the PC version. Go with the Weather Channel App. I gave it a try with apprehension. I unistalled it the first day. This is not the the phone, it's the app.

Jack

5. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

I run weather bug with no issues.. weird.

6. anicol

anicol New Member

Hey guys, we've done testing on the Sprint Hero and there don't seem to be any battery drain issues using WeatherBug. You can always check the amount of drain by going into the Android Settings>Phone>Battery Usage.

You can tune the app to suit your needs. If you want up to the minute weather and weather alerts, ramp up the update time to 15 or 30 minutes. You also have the option of turning off the Temperature Notification and Alert Notifications, so it will only run when you start the app.

Please submit any bugs/comments here:
    android.weatherbug@gmail.com

Thanks!

-Alex
    WeatherBug