Hero Warranty?

Last Updated:

1. Faqade

Faqade Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I bought a HTC Hero off eBay last week and it's locked to Orange, I'm on Orange so that was ok. The person I bought it from had it for a week before selling it because they wanted to keep their phone as this was an upgrade. I am just wondering is there a way to transfer the warranty over to me somehow as it's pretty much brand new? Is it possible if they sent me the reciept for it? I know it's a longshot seems as I bought it off eBay but I couldn't afford a sim free one and don't really want to be devastated down the line if something happened to the phone that wasn't my fault. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

I got mine from eBay, brand new. It really does not matter. So many times I took my Nokia E65 (years ago) that my friend gave me to Nokia repair and they did not say anything...

If they do ask for proof of purchase then you just provide the paypal / ebay receipt & the previous owners proof of purchase (receipt )...

Today I phoned my phone insurance company...and for me to be insured for my Hero I need to send them proof of purchase.. so I told them I got it from ebay and I have original receipt from the previous owner and they said that's fine... so I'm sending in my paypal / ebay receipt and the previous owners receipt... all done :eek:

3. Faqade

Thanks for your reply :) That's good to hear like, I've emailed the guy I bought it off just now and hopefully he'll send me proof of purchase or a receipt or something. Thanks

4. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

I don't think Orange give a proof of purchase or receipt for upgrade phone - they just send it. Or at least that is what happened with my Hero from them.

5. Faqade

So could I get a warranty from the serial number, IMEI or something?

6. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

No they don't however customers phones are linked to Orange via imei number and contacts details. I think just getting an orange sim and registering it should do the trick, as long as the previous owner didn't install wavesecure or something like that. Above and beyond that the only proof you need is cover that YOU bought the phone, if you keep your paypal and ebay reciepts to cover yourself it should be ok.