Hero without Screen ProtectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. jldillon

jldillon Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased my Sprint Hero on January 23 and also purchased a ZAGG screen protector, both from Best Buy. The best buy rep installed the screen protector so I had not used my hero without it. With the screen protector, everything worked but seemed a little "tacky" when sliding my finger across it as well as always having smudges. I finally decided just the other day to remove the screen protector after watching some scratch resistant video's on youtube. WOW! Now the screen is so much clearer and when I slide my finger across it, it feels like silk. Even texting is much better. And as far as smudges, the screen is very smudge/fingerprint resistant and easily wipes clean with a soft cloth.
    So, if you have a screen protector, just wanted to let you know that the hero IMO, is much brighter and easier to use without it. I don't plan to use another one. From what I've seen, the screen is very durable and scratch resistant.
    :p

Advertisement
  2. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

It is durable and scratch resistant. But it's not scratch PROOF. It will depreciate your phone drastically if there are any scratches on the screen. But if you don't plan on selling it or anything, then go for it!

3. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

I removed it too. It do feels tacky. I got the one that cover all the phone. It started to lift on the corners and catch lint under it.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Clear screen, yes. Silk smooth, yes.

HOWEVER, if your hands get any kind of grease, dirt or moisture on them, your fingers skip and snag across the screen instead of sliding.

I suspect the tacky feel was a result of a poorly manufactured SP.

5. Tyson

Tyson Member

Although the screen is really tough, it only takes that one time to ruin it. I had my hero on the table charging, and my cat knocked it off. When I picked it up, I saw a nice scratch on the upper right side of it. It is very ugly. So I bought a new oem screen for it from ebay for $50. When that's installed, screen protector here I come!