Hero won't receive SMS anymore

Last Updated:

1. jiltedcitizen

jiltedcitizen Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen this is an issue before. Is there anyway to fix this without getting a new phone? I've hard reset already, and still can't receive txts. I don't want a new ohone since I just paid $14 for an invisible shield.

Advertisement
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Mine stopped recieving sms texts last night too. I was using handset sms, I uninstalled and reinstalled it like twice. But what I did inbetween was use the stock sms app. Then once i recieved a few messages I reinstalled handset, did a hard reset, changed my sms options so I would only recieve sms from the handset app and voila... my sms is working again.

3. jiltedcitizen

Unfortunately that isn't working for me, I have Chomp installed and it is not working either. I can send them, but not get any.

4. alee

alee Member

This happened to me too. But, my problem was fixed when i turned the phone off and back on. You could also try going into airplane mode, and then coming back out of it. Hopefully the patch for this comes soon. I was without text,calls, and voicemail's for 3 days.

5. lankyb

lankyb New Member

I noticed that when I try to send a sms and the number starts with a 1-***-***-**** the radio will shut down then return a error could not send sms but if the format is ***-***-**** everything goes fine.

6. jiltedcitizen

Ya I've tried everything so far. Maybe rooting my phone would help...if I knew where to reset the flag that says the phone is full.

7. kamikaze02

kamikaze02 New Member

handscent wasn't working for me too...so i uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted and now it's working fine.

8. jiltedcitizen

I wish it were just a 3rd party app that wasn't working but it isn't. It's all SMS and VM.

9. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

I killed voicemail and SMS when I used a task killer to shut down messaging for the battery error. Apparently when I did that I killed all messaging. It's now running and both VM and SMS are coming through, but I don't use the app to send messages.