Hero Won't Recognise USB Connection! HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. Longman240

Longman240 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a problem. Since I updated my Hero from 1.5 to 2.1 it doesn't realise that I've connected it to a PC and just charges as it would if it was plugged into the wall, I've tried all the USB ports with the same result and I've uninstalled/reinstalled HTC Sync, does anyone know how I can get my phone to recognise a USB connection?
    Thanks
    LM240

EDIT: Had a read through some other posts and found a solution, now this bit is technical so get ready: you have to pull out the battery whilst the phone is on then switch it back on, reconnect the cable et voila, it works like a dream.
    All credit to Dem, hope this helps someone with the same problem.

Advertisement
  2. Charlieboy

Charlieboy Member

Hey mate,

Getting the exact same problem but that fix didn't work :(. I'm worried whether it's water damage from using it in the rain yesterday as it has stopped working since. Same thing. Orange light coming on but not connecting. Tried on two computers (Win 7 and Ubuntu) which worked only the day before and got no joy! I'm leaving the country for a week tomorrow and really need to find a solution ASAP. Did you hear about any other possible fixes?

3. Longman240

Erm, there was a really techy fix in one of the other threads but I can't remember which one it was, sorry dude, I doubt it's cause of water damage though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

4. jasonspeed

jasonspeed Well-Known Member

I'm haveing this problem too. Battery pull didn't help. Looking for a solution, or a thread. If I find one I will share but I would appreciate a point in the right direction.

5. Garybrazier

Garybrazier Member

battery pull worked for me initially for disc drive (SD card) and HTC Sync, but not for internet sharing. It has now stopped working though. I too need a solution, especially for internet sharing.

6. pullthru

pullthru New Member

I am still getting this problem and have exhausted all options that I have read.

7. Longman240

May have found your problem, if you use a task killer you may be accidentally killing the 'com.htc.bg(p)' processes, these are responsible for making the phone realise that it has a USB connected to it. Try disabling your task killer and then plugging it in.

8. PaulC

PaulC Active Member

This seems like the most likely cause, as this process crashes approx 5 minutes after my phone starting up, after this it won't recognise a USB connection until I restart it.

Quite annoying - anyone know a fix for a crashing com.htc.bgp process? Tried a factory reset but still does it.