• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero won't sleep after 2.1 update

Evil cat

Lurker
Aug 5, 2010
Hi all,

I have just updated my orange hero to 2.1 and now when i press the lock key the screen goes black for a second then the lock screen comes up and flashes every 15 seconds. I have tried resetting the phone to factory setting with no change.

Any help would be appreciated

Simon

Hi all,

I have just updated my orange hero to 2.1 and now when i press the lock key the screen goes black for a second then the lock screen comes up and flashes every 15 seconds. I have tried resetting the phone to factory setting with no change.

Any help would be appreciated

Simon

Not sure if its any help but my screen would not blank afterit - set to 30 sec delay - changed it from 30 to 15 then back again and it worked

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply, i have tried switching the delay but to no avail. to be more clear the lock screen stays light up for 15 secs then goes off for a second then comes back ok. i had to leave it down stairs last night and this morning the battery was at 10% after being fully charged at 11pm. I love this phone, but i wish i had stayed at fw1.5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones