Hero won't start after 3.32 (android 2.1) update.

Last Updated:

1. smokealot

smokealot Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys

My Hero won't start after applying the second upgrade, the 3.32 (the one containing android 2.1) the first one installed fine.

The phone downloaded the update via Wifi, and when i choose to install it, the phone rebooted and i saw the progress bar finishing, but afterwards i got an exclamation mark in a triangle, and the phone locked up.

I then had to remove the battery to turn off the phone and apply the 2.73.405.6 ROM from HTC.com via fastboot usb.

The phone is fully charged, not rootet, and ive tried downgrading and upgrading it 3 times with the same result :-(.

I even called the HTC Hotline and got a hold in a nice female supporter whom was cleary not choosen for her technical skills, she didnt even know how to restore the phone via fastboot. She does now :)

She was also unable to answer why they didnt have a ROM (exe) installer for the 3.32 upgrade.

She did however direct me to the store, to send it for repair...

Do you guys have any ideas to what might be wrong with my Hero?

Advertisement
  2. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

Have you tried to install an earlier firmware after having these issues, I do not know if there is one for download since I only play around with rooted roms. But if there is a Rom update for let's say 1.5 or 1.6 you could try to install that one and REDOWNLOAD the 2.1 updates and reinstall the 2.1 updates again ?

Just an idea

3. smokealot

thx, but i tried all hero Roms from the HTC homepage, same result after upgrade to 2.1.

Its annoying that u have to refeer to unofficial / 3. party ROMs - even if they are based on official releases. But ill give it a try with a custom rom when i get home, think it is gonna be sensehero or modaco...

any recommendations?

4. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

I am using VillainRom 12 for a while now and I am really pleased with it.
    Apart from the fact that haptic feedback keeps turning itself back on and 3g issues that I already had before using VillainRom 12, so that should not be an issue of the Rom but my carrier / environment or location etc.

So I can really recommend you the VillainRom 12, it's also based on Stock 2.1 and really nice in all ways... overclocking, new Market if you come from 1.5, new widgets, live wallpapers and a lot more.

But you said your phone wasn't rooted so that will have to be done in the first place, only then you can install a custom Rom. Can you boot your phone normally?

smokealot likes this.
  5. smokealot

n1 advice... villanrom rules