Hero won't sync with google in north london

Last Updated:

1. bhowjay

bhowjay New Member This Topic's Starter

hi,

I'm on the 3 network and for the last month my hero won't sync with google in north london, it seems to work everywhere else e.g. south and east london. i get this error message:

'can't establish a reliable data connection'

I've hard reset the phone several times that didn't work, i formatted the sd card didn't work, I've put in a different sim no luck with that too.

Also the browser works fine i can access the net without a problem, however if i try to sign in to gmail through my browser i get an error message too:

'a secure connection could not be established'

I've been to several 3 shops and called tech support they don't know what the problem is either, they want me to send it in for repair but i'm reluctant to do that as works everywhere else

would be greatful for any help, thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

3. bhowjay

bhowjay New Member This Topic's Starter

hey thanks for the links but i've read those and they don't really apply to my problem.

the phone worked fine for the first 3 months but just for the last month it hasn't.

i can access the net as i said but its just google it won't sync with in north london.

i live in N7 and work in NW1 and doesn't work in these locations anymore.

yeah roaming is enabled too, i've gone through all the setting i can think of.

any other ideas?