Hero wont sync with vista pc

Last Updated:

1. tlzeebub

tlzeebub Member This Topic's Starter

Please help me, I'm getting frustrated trying to get my Hero to connect with my PC, I've installed HTC Sync 2.0.4 on my PC but when I plug my Hero in via USB first I get this message

[​IMG]

so i select locate and install driver software and then i get this message

[​IMG]

and then it's all over, I've downloaded what i think are the latest drivers and used device manager to manually select where to find the drivers and i still get the same message, it'll be a shame if i cant get it to sync because i like the phone but without it being able to sync it's just a paper weight, hope you guys can help me get it sorted, regards Chris

Advertisement
  2. tlzeebub

Anyone PLEASE:rolleyes:

3. franners

franners Well-Known Member

There are Vista specific drivers for the Hero which you need to install. Should work OK then. Can't find a link but file for XP is "HTCDriverUpdate_WinXP.exe" so try "HTCDriverUpdate_Vista.exe".

4. tlzeebub

Thanks Franners, i've googled that and havent found any results relating to the Hero only WMD's, thanks for the idea though, regards Chris

5. kbalazs

kbalazs New Member

I had the same problem. Try to disable the firewall and virus scan. I guess htc sync has trouble to coop with them. It should be corrected in the next version.