• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hey all! I'm new here and was just wondering...

Welcome to AF! :)

Android 4.0 hasn't been officially announced for the DHD yet. So far, only the newer HTC Handsets look to be getting the ICS Upgrade, we'll just need to wait and see what happens with the Desire HD I'm afraid.

Google have said that if a handset can run Gingerbread, then it should have no problems with ICS so technically there's no reason why it wouldn't work. I can imagine the only stumbling block would be integrating it with Sense in a usable manner for a phone like the Desire HD.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum :)

So far, HTC have only made their 'first wave' of announcements about ICS, and the DHD was not mentioned either way. At the moment it would just be speculation to say if we're going to get it officially or not.

We will definitely see an unofficial version of it over the next few months, however.

EDIT: Damn, beaten by a minute :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones