Hey atrix owners, after you rooted and installed a custom rom did you...

1. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member

see a massive improvment?

1 out of 10, 10 being the MOST improvment what woudl you say you saw after? and which ROM are you using?

Advertisement
    :
  2. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

There are no custom firmware ROMs yet since the bootloader is locked down, just file system tweaks and changes. See the XDA-developers forums for more details about devs and what they've been able to do so far. But it might be a long wait before they get a full customized Android ROM available.
  3. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member

i know that..i was talking about the ones that do the tweaks and take out Blur and bloatware...
  4. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Ok that's fine, but please do not refer to these tweaks as ROMs as they are nowhere near a full firmware ROM and are somewhat more risky than just flashing a new firmware.
    :)
    dvigue likes this.
  5. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member

do you run any of those tweaks on your phone?
  6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Nope, as I have the Bell Canada version and there are some differences, and now I'm considering returning it as it has a lot of bugs in the software and it doesn't perform anywhere near as good as it should, so I don't want to mess with rooting or tweaking. It's a shame really as I was quite stoked to get it and use it as they advertise, but it's been quite disappointing really.
    :eek:
  7. iPhail

iPhail Well-Known Member

Rooted my AT&T atrix and installed a custom launcher and did some custom tweeking. I noticed a big difference. I know what im doing though, most noobs who dont know what they are doing end up just doing random which makes it more buggy.
  8. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member

what ROM did you use?

i love flashing and tweeaking my android phones..so i have done it before. i had the Droidx too
  9. pedal2dametal

pedal2dametal New Member

8/10 GingerBlur 7.7
  10. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

There aren't any ROMS for the Atrix.
  11. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member

OMG..yeah yeah yeah. you know what i mean when i say ROMS. that is what the devs call them

My god...
  12. sabesh

sabesh Well-Known Member

Hey, which bugs did you run into? Thx.
  13. iPhail

iPhail Well-Known Member

No "ROM" just a custom launcher to cover up Motorola's mistake.