Hey everyone! + HTC Sense password help!Support

Last Updated:

1. kwikshot

kwikshot New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone I am completely new to these forums! I have a HTC Legend with Android 2.1 installed (which I love) and I was wondering whether it is possible to use an iPhone-like code unlock so I can enter a 4 digit passcode instead of having to use a gesture based slide unlock without downloading any special apps? It seems strange to me how there is a special slide unlock (which easily makes your code visible to anyone looking at your phone and is harder to remember) but does not have a windows mobile/iPhone style number code unlock.

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard!

3. masked_face

masked_face Member

I'm also looking for sth like this...I hate the pattern lock! :(

4. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

@masked_face - I don't think you'll find it unless you try to look for an app. The unlock pattern is just the way the Legend works.

@kwikshot - In addition to what I said above, the Legend just doesn't work that way. It does not have the style that windows mobile/iPhone have. To solve the issue of people seeing your pattern however, can't you just untick the box that says "Use visible pattern"?

5. masked_face

masked_face Member

@anandroiduser: do u know any such app? I know I need an app for this but can't find any...so far.

6. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you already searched the marketplace for "lock", or "security lock" apps?

Secondly, after doing a bit of searching, Froyo aka 2.2 might be the answer to you folks problems.. See: Froyo Feature: New security lock options | Android Central .. Of course, this is under the assumption that the Legend gets 2.2!

7. masked_face

masked_face Member

@anandroiduser: thanks man...I'm waiting like anything for Froyo in my Legend!

8. wdmalik

wdmalik Active Member

A much needed feature

9. kxbc

kxbc Member

Hey, I am a Legend user too. My case is completely opposite of yours. I somehow lost my pattern slide lock after I set up my Exchange Mail account. It is now a keyboard lock which I find is frustrating. I am trying to get back my pattern lock.

10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

You can actually turn off the drag line you know? Makes it hard for someone watching to see what pattern you used.

11. eddyhall

eddyhall Member

@kxbc

You should have a look at the Lockpicker app. It gets around the Exchnage mandated password feature. This is set by the Exchange administrator, though, so I would suggect that you could have a talk with your IT department before downloading this app. That said, I use it and it works great.

Cheers,
    Eddy

12. kxbc

kxbc Member

Hey thanks. Will be quite difficult then since my co has very strict IT rules. Thanks anyway.

13. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

I use LockBot Pro for myself
    @kxbc you could back up your phone and do a factory reset? I had to do that when I got locked out of my Legend when I forgot the lock though luckily I'd only just got the phone and there wasn't much on it or any apps

14. kxbc

kxbc Member

I found a work around solution. Just change the password to 4 x same number. :D

15. GorgievskiMarko

GorgievskiMarko New Member

Hi everyone!
    This is my first post to forum ever ....
    So i'm new.
    I'm having problems with htc legend!
    I forgot my password :S
    Pls help me !!!

16. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

turn it off then on again with volume held down then go to a factory reset which I just did by accident in trying to remember :/

GorgievskiMarko likes this.