Hey, Flash gamers! Check out this (free) app named "Flasher"

Last Updated:

1. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

During the summer of 2010, my EVO got updated to Android 2.2 (Froyo), and with it came Adobe Flash 10.1. Android fanboys rejoiced across the interwebs. Apple iPhone fanboys downplayed their lack of Flash, citing Mr. Jobs' assessment that Flash isn't suited for mobile phones. The line was thus drawn in the sand.

Me? I really could have cared less. After all, I could already watch most videos with Flash Lite. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't grasp the significance of Flash compatibility.

About a month ago I found a shooter called "Front Runner" in the Market, and I wanted to see what other people thought about the game. Nobody posted any comments in the Market, which was weird because damn near every app gets downloaded and rated no matter how good or bad it is. So I Googled the game, and found the developer's website, which provided a link to a Flash game portal. Instead of paying for it, I played it for free ... with Flash! And it was sweet! "Front Runner" introduced me to Flash gaming.

While Flash gaming is cool, I find it tedious to open my browser, go to a Flash game portal, and figure out which games work on my phone, and which ones don't. While cool, Flash gaming on my phone just wasn't convenient. Until I found this app called "Flasher."

"Flasher" is an app that allows you to access free Flash games without having to fuss with your phone's browser, and without having to figure out whether the game is optimized for mobile phones. Nice! The app is pretty bare bones at the moment, but I can see it's potential, which is why I'm giving it the "Essex Seal of Approval." This app is good, but it has the potential to be GREAT.

So, try it out, spread the word, and most importantly, email the developer with suggestions for future updates. I've already emailed a few ideas of my own to the Dev, who promptly replied and seemed pretty open to new ideas. Let's help the Devs make "Flasher" as good as it can be! Here's the link.

*This app requires Flash 10.1. Also, it's FREE!

No_u likes this.
  2. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Nice story, I'll check it out.

Btw, remember that Kongregate games has their own mobile section of games. They had a contest in which flash developers were invited to make their game compatible with phones. Worked out great :D
  3. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

One of the sites that Flasher links to is Kongregate! Man, I was playing Vector Runner like a champ! I've encouraged the devs to add newgrounds.com to the app ... I've seen some cool looking games on that site as well but it isn't a mobile-friendly site, so I didn't bother with it.
  4. disastar

disastar Well-Known Member

This is pretty cool! The UI is not pretty at all but it lets you play a ton of games without any trouble. Thanks!
  5. Extr3m1st

Extr3m1st Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for recommending this app