• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hey from a Blackberry user

mpaquette

Dec 24, 2009
I registered here to read up on Android. I currently have a Storm 2, but after the most recent Blackberry outage, I'm strongly considering a change. I've visited Verizon and checked out the Droid and Eris. Really like the form factor and weight of the Eris. Still on the fence and trying to learn about Android before making my decision.

Understandable. I just came over from Blackberry. I had no problem with my Berry (9700) just wanted something different I decided. I got myself a MyTouch and have not regretted it. Berrys are very reliable and do what they're supposed to do but the Android devices do that and are FUN too. I have transitioned myself over to Google and GMAIL which after all is the whole point. It works great and I still get my regular mail on there also. I haven't timed it to see which might be faster (BB or Android) but unless you're just really obsessed about getting your mail in a hurry, I suspect we're only talking seconds for GMAIL and maybe a few minutes difference for other pop3 mail. There are just so many more things I can do now with my MT that I couldn't really do with the BB or that don't work all that well on the BB. There are thousands more apps available to you (most free) and while some of them don't work well and others are just ******** :)p), there are a lot of them that actually are usefull. It's an amazing platform that will only get better as it starts to really take off. The only real difference will be the hardware it sits on but there will be a MUCH larger selection than is available for Blackberry and we know that iPhone is limited to what - ONE device. Cmon. What's not to like. Excellent platform on a multitude of devices and carriers.

Upvote 0
I registered here to read up on Android. I currently have a Storm 2, but after the most recent Blackberry outage, I'm strongly considering a change. I've visited Verizon and checked out the Droid and Eris. Really like the form factor and weight of the Eris. Still on the fence and trying to learn about Android before making my decision.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
Welcome to AF!
xmassmile.gif

I hope you had a good Christmas and have a happy new year
rudolf.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones