Hey from Brisbane, Australia

Last Updated:

1. saltesc

saltesc New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 14, 2009

Just got myself a HTC Magic on Vodafone and already it's getting pimped out to the nines. I'm absolutely blown away by what Android has to offer and I think in time it will be huge. Very glad I avoided getting an iPhone. I've never liked using them all that much and as soon as I took the time to research Android, my mind was definitely made up.

Being Australian though, I am having some issues. There's still no CoPilot Live 8 map support here despite their earlier statement of it probably being released end of August. I came super close to purchasing it through Central as well but decided to have a quick look at their maps first. I was going to purchase it through the Market but I don't see it there as well as some other cost apps, even though I've already purchased several so Australia is definitely showing cost apps now - it's confusing. So I have looked around and as far as I can tell TeleNav, CoPilot, and NDrive don't support us yet - this leaves me without any sort of GPS navigation besides Google Maps and the like. Anyone have some light to shed or do I just wait?

Anywho, I'm a graphic designer and love pushing out interfaces, I just need to find the time to learn how to develop in Android though the brief look I've had so far has been a little scary. But at the least, on the visual side, I'd love to collaborate with developers.

Time for a beer, cheers!

2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Oct 18, 2008
  3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: