• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hey, G1 owner and T-Mo customer, but at&t employee!

I work for at&t, even thought it is a temp job. Basically, I sell their wireline services (TV, internet, home phone), and not wireless. However, I still deal with a LOT of wireless stuff everyday in terms of talking to customers. Over 50% of the stores cell phones which are sold are iPhones, it's ridiculous. I have about one more month to go, then I'm done with the position.

Anyway, having a G1 and regularly playing with it got the attention of all the employees, who were eager to check it out, but were very biased towards it from the get-go. Not all of them, one even checked prices for unlocked G1's. The rest, especially one of them, who is an Apple fanboy, always have little comments to say, telling me I should switch to at&t and get an iPhone. I've had customers come in and see my G1 and they knew what it was, saying how it's "the shit" and that they want one. One customer even came in asking specifically about the htc Fuze and iPhone, then saying he wants to get a G1. I let him mess around with my G1, and he decided to not go with at&t and went back to T-Mobile to get a one. Haha, the sales rep who wanted to iPhone sale wasn't too happy.

Either way, it's nice to meet you all. I'm personally loving my phone. I have the black one, but just ordered the white one and am getting it exchanged. Only problem is, I have a rubberized black snap on case right now which I love, but they dont make fully white rubberized cases for the G1. There is one which is not rubberized, and there is a rubberized one which has black mixed in. Any help here?

Also, I'm waiting for BioWallet. This, plus GPS with compass, plus ShopSavvy = ultimate way to show off the G1.

I too am a provider employee that is *not* T-Mo. I work for Sprint.. I just switched over from the IPhone :) haha.. it's just so expensive over there at AT&T. I realize that like.. everything I love about the IPhone I can do without actually paying for the phone service! Fancy iPod Touch.. hello? :D haha.. anyway, yup. I'm brad new to T-Mo so if anybody has any tips or anything, just holler at me ;)

Looking forward to talking to you guys!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones