• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hey guys.. New here, need help with choosing the right Sensation XE from Amazon..?

desibuoy

Jan 6, 2012
wats up everyone?!

new to this forum, as well as to the android world since i've never used a smartphone before..

am plannin to buy a Sensation XE from amazon but am not sure if it'll work in my country (india).. here are the two phones i've shortlisted.. which would should i buy? or would both never work here? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1. HTC Sensation XE Z715E with Beats Audio Unlocked GSM Android Phone - International Version - No Warranty - Black ($599.00)

what is Z715E and is it any different from the regular model or are they all the same? also, how would the international version differ/would it work?

2. HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Unlocked Android Smartphone with 3G, Touchscreen, 8 MP Camera-Unlocked Phone Black ($579.00)

the title is different from the first one, the model number is 99HNA123-00 and it weighs 15.5 ounces compared to the 15.3 ounces of the first one

New users don't get to post links - it's an anti-spambot thing, nothing personal. In another post or two, you can. Meanwhile, here are the links.

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Sensation-Z715E-Unlocked-Android/dp/B005UYZL2S

Amazon.com: HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Unlocked Android Smartphone with 3G, Touchscreen, 8 MP Camera-Unlocked Phone Black: Electronics

I checked out the HTC India site, probably like you, it wasn't helpful with model numbers -

HTC Sensation? XE with Beats Audio? Product Overview - HTC Smartphones

But it had an interesting footnote in small print -

Network bands in regions other than Europe and Asia Pacific may be different, depending on the mobile operator and your location. Please check with your mobile operator.

So - I checked GSM Arena for specs, they are usually trustworthy -

HTC Sensation XE - Full phone specifications

And you can see some alternative radio differences.

But the Amazon links don't show the radio bands used. :(

I googled the Z715 and found references to many Chinese sites. So - maybe it's more for their region?

I can see how frustrating this is.

Maybe you try to see if HTC will give you the model via web support, or see if these guys will tell you?

HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Price India, HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Review & Features, Buy HTC Mobiles - Infibeam.com

Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help, best luck and welcome to the forum!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones