• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hey guys new here!

subiedoo04

Lurker
Jan 7, 2010
hey everyone my name is mike and i love cell phones, and no one else i know likes then as much as i do, so i feel alone and thats why i came here.. some times i just watch phones reviews and write ups on phones,and that makes me werid to friends lol, well im kinda new to the android scene, i had a G1 on tmobile long time ago and i just got the htc hero on sprint yesterday,so im hoping to learn alot about this phone and look for updates, and meet phones geeks like my self

hey everyone my name is mike and i love cell phones, and no one else i know likes then as much as i do, so i feel alone and thats why i came here.. some times i just watch phones reviews and write ups on phones,and that makes me werid to friends lol, well im kinda new to the android scene, i had a G1 on tmobile long time ago and i just got the htc hero on sprint yesterday,so im hoping to learn alot about this phone and look for updates, and meet phones geeks like my self
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
I'm new here as well. Just got my Hero a few days ago (switched from a Pre) and I have a few questions....my apologies if they have been answered elsewhere, but I'm new to forums and couldn't find a direct answer (not that there isn't one).
I like the HTC Hero, but mine seems to be moving incredibly slow. I heard that the Hero was suppossed to be snappier than the Pre, but so far mine lags on EVERYTHING. I read that a task killer would help this, but it hasn't so far. Any advice?
I also have a problem with numerous applications (weather, facebook, email, to name a few) constantly saying that information cannot be updated or refreshed eventho I either have wifi connected or have full EVDO. I tried resetting my phone and updating my profile, but nothing works.
Finally, there seems to be a lot of light coming between the break in the metallic "navigation" area where the buttons are and the housing around there...is this common? When the backlight is on and the buttons are lit up in a dark room, there seems to be spots where more light than necessary is showing through the space between these areas. I'm still within my 30 day period to exchange and didn;t know if this is common on this phone or not. Please excuse me if I'm needlessly worrying, but after coming from the Pre with all its issues I want to make sure I have a phone that works as it should. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones