Hey guys new here!

Last Updated:

1. subiedoo04

subiedoo04 Member This Topic's Starter

hey everyone my name is mike and i love cell phones, and no one else i know likes then as much as i do, so i feel alone and thats why i came here.. some times i just watch phones reviews and write ups on phones,and that makes me werid to friends lol, well im kinda new to the android scene, i had a G1 on tmobile long time ago and i just got the htc hero on sprint yesterday,so im hoping to learn alot about this phone and look for updates, and meet phones geeks like my self

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :) You are not alone, I used to change phones every two weeks.......mostly because I could!! Still watch phone reviews all the time!

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. subiedoo04

Ya I still do swap phones a lot, just came from palm pre that. I only had for less than a month

6. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard

7. subiedoo04

I got a quick question guys, how can I make my email update faster? I jusy can't find anything in the menu or settings

8. BiGMERF

try k9 mail i the app store.. so much better

9. chino0131

chino0131 Active Member

I'm new here as well. Just got my Hero a few days ago (switched from a Pre) and I have a few questions....my apologies if they have been answered elsewhere, but I'm new to forums and couldn't find a direct answer (not that there isn't one).
    I like the HTC Hero, but mine seems to be moving incredibly slow. I heard that the Hero was suppossed to be snappier than the Pre, but so far mine lags on EVERYTHING. I read that a task killer would help this, but it hasn't so far. Any advice?
    I also have a problem with numerous applications (weather, facebook, email, to name a few) constantly saying that information cannot be updated or refreshed eventho I either have wifi connected or have full EVDO. I tried resetting my phone and updating my profile, but nothing works.
    Finally, there seems to be a lot of light coming between the break in the metallic "navigation" area where the buttons are and the housing around there...is this common? When the backlight is on and the buttons are lit up in a dark room, there seems to be spots where more light than necessary is showing through the space between these areas. I'm still within my 30 day period to exchange and didn;t know if this is common on this phone or not. Please excuse me if I'm needlessly worrying, but after coming from the Pre with all its issues I want to make sure I have a phone that works as it should. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

10. BiGMERF

welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard

try posting your issues in the hero section, your bound to get more support there.. hopefully lekky will see this. resident hero pro

11. subiedoo04

ya k9 mail wasnt there, only thing that showed up when i search k9 mail was DOGS!