Hey guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k.moosey

k.moosey Member

I just bought a used Evo, its awesome just playing with it.

Just wondering how I should charge it for the first few days and what not and if theres anything I should do special?

I love it already =]

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Im sure you'll get some tips from others, but I dont know enough about battery tech to help.

But, Welcome... You'll have lots of fun.. dont plan on getting much sleep tonight :)
  3. k.moosey

k.moosey Member

Thanks for the welcome!
    I really wanna make this phone last as I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get another phone and I wanna make the most out of this phone so any and all tips/tricks/suggestions would be welcome!
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

5. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Get a screen protector on it as soon as you can, and some kind of case for protection. You can get the gel cases for not too much money, and then just cruise this forum. You will learn so much here.:)
  6. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

7. k.moosey

k.moosey Member

The phone already came with a screen protector, a very nice one may I add. How much do cases usually go for and wheres the cheapest place I can buy them at?
  8. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

3 to 50 dollars. Do you really want the cheapest one on your new investment. I have a body glove that was 25 at the sprint store, and I am waiting for the otterbox to be released. It will most likely be 50, but thats a small price to pay to keep your phone looking its best
  9. k.moosey

k.moosey Member

I just blew alot of money on the phone lol so I'm broke!

I'll spend around 25-30 bucks, when does the otter box case come out?

Any helpful tips on getting started? Any good apps? Should I root it?

and heres a big question

Do I still have warranty on my phone? I had a Hero and have warranty on that till October so does that mean I have warranty with my Evo even though I bought it from craigslist?
  10. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

charging it?? it is used.. and any pre charge strategy (if any is required) is out the door! just charge and use.

manufacture warranty started the day the first owner got it. so you should be fine for over 6 months.

welcome!
  11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Other than from ThatNewAndroidGuy and that scourge of the AF forums, moi, above?

:D
  12. to charge, plug it in.. i have a hard case from best buy. it's stamped Pt on the back. 30 bucks. i like it. i had the gel one from sprint but returned it the next day. i liked how it felt, but i didn't like how it kind of stuck to my pocket.
  13. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

TO the OP,

thank you for joining. Your questions have been already answered. Also some of our members here have added links you can look over.

if you still need any more information or help that you cant immediately find, by all means contact me via PM and i will have you in anyway possible.

again thank you for joining.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.