Hey! I'm newest n00b here...

Last Updated:

1. scatterd

scatterd Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!

I've had my phone for about a month now and thanks to this forum, I'm finding out so much more I can do with it. This is exciting. I'm planning on rooting it with Fresh 1.1 and all that jazz. Any other tips / tricks I should know of? I'm planning on hitting up the useful apps thread in a little bit.

Yes, I realize I could have posted this under some sort of general discussion thread but I figured I'd introduce myself to the fine people of the Sprint HTC Hero since this is where I'll be lurking most of the time anyway...

One of the reasons why I'm so excited for this forum is that I finally have people to back me up on the greatest debate my fiancee and I have. That is, which is better, Hero or Pre?

Advertisement
  2. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums, hope you enjoy your stay.

Best tiips, read through the Hero forums and pay close attention to the threads dealing with battery life, the rooting thread, as well as the Apps forum.

Rooting will definitely speed up your phone if you go with Fresh 1.1, GCK, and setCPU, but that comes with a loss in battery life. Overall, its worth it once you compare the amount of lag between Frsh and the stock ROM.

Apps thread is useful to get ideas on which apps others are using and talking about.

The Sprint HTC Hero thread is all good stuff. Just keep reading, enjoy your phone.

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Not sure about Sprint's Pre, but I just saw a Verizon commercial advertising an App for their Pre, making it a WiFi hotspot for 5 devices. I know our Hero's can do it, but not in stock form. I still love the Hero and don't like the look of the Pre, so it's always been a no go for me.

Anywho, welcome to the forums, I've been addicted to them since I found!

4. pbp776

pbp776 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the AF.... Like Stinky said follow the Sprint forum and u will be good. I'm running Fresh ROM and it's awesome!! Plus what good about AF is we have friendly member helping others when having issue. ;)

5. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I've actually noticed a gain in battery life with Fresh 1.1 and Gumbo, I think it all depends on whether or not you have setCPU and what you have the settings adjusted to. I personally have used setCPU and don't notice much of a diffence between using it and not using, speed wise.